• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

It's probably because we've been notably bad on the road and elite at home, but it's irritating to me to read from pundits "well they only do that at home".

Yeah - it's damn hard to win 4 ACC games at home by 19+ points though. If it was easy, everybody would do it. I get the road woes are terrible, but you have to be pretty damn good to win at home consistently by the numbers we are.

I wonder what donaldross thinks about us having the third best home court advantage in the country
He's been pretty insistent that the only time having a smaller arena matters is when you play away from it, so I don't understand what you're implying here.

Texas Tech (27th largest)
West Virginia (40th largest)
Wake (35th largest)
TCU (175th largest)
Colorado (67th largest)
Utah State (87th largest)
Clemson (111th largest)
Mississippi State (76th largest)
Saint Louis (75th largest)
Bradley (68th largest)

It was the direct cause of us losing to WVU and Cleveland St
Now you're getting it. There is obviously nothing more important to your ability to win neutral court games in huge arenas than the following two factors:

1) The size and location of your home arena.
2) The tendency of your HC to be asked to stand in front of the measuring pole every time he tries to ride a roller coaster.

DR is a troll at best, but his arena argument is not talked about correctly. He is not saying an arena helps us win more games per se. It helps us attract more recruits, and become a better overall team etc.

Now is that true? I have no idea. Personally I know I enjoy the atmosphere better in a smaller/full arena. Does that translate the way DR says, I have no f'ing clue. So is it worth it, again I have no idea.

ETA: Not sure if he's flipped that from past arguments, but recently that is how he's tried to phrase it.

DR is a troll at best, but his arena argument is not talked about correctly. He is not saying an arena helps us win more games per se. It helps us attract more recruits, and become a better overall team etc.

Now is that true? I have no idea. Personally I know I enjoy the atmosphere better in a smaller/full arena. Does that translate the way DR says, I have no f'ing clue. So is it worth it, again I have no idea.

ETA: Not sure if he's flipped that from past arguments, but recently that is how he's tried to phrase it.
DR's position on the arena has shifted (conveniently) over time.

Lol at this.

Hey everyone! We're not talking about DR's arena argument correctly! That's the problem!

The argument always just shifts depending on what's going on:

Can't get a good coach because of the arena
Can't win because of the arena
Can't get students there because of the arena
Can't win on the road because we can't get enough talent because of the arena

I mean eventually it is obviously clear that he just wants a smaller, more intimate, on-campus arena. I support that! I want that too!

Given where we are in the current college basketball landscape, I would rather money be spent in other places (see NIL), than building a brand new basketball arena.

The argument always just shifts depending on what's going on:

Can't get a good coach because of the arena
Can't win because of the arena
Can't get students there because of the arena
Can't win on the road because we can't get enough talent because of the arena

I mean eventually it is obviously clear that he just wants a smaller, more intimate, on-campus arena. I support that! I want that too!

Given where we are in the current college basketball landscape, I would rather money be spent in other places (see NIL), than building a brand new basketball arena.
But what does the SCOREBOARD OF LIFE say we should spend money on?!!

But what does the SCOREBOARD OF LIFE say we should spend money on?!!
Not dogs or kids. Obvs. Alimony? Yup! Worth it!*

*theory only. You have to have someone want to marry you in order to be able to anger them enough to dump your ass and demand Alimony for the shit she put up with.

Did anybody else get this Wake Washington ACC tourney tix offer in their email or it just because they know I live in the DMV?

Back