• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

most likely we'll go 3-2 to end the season

question - do we prefer a win vs duke or a win @ VT?
A win vs Duke and I don't think it's particularly close. Beating Duke and losing to say VT and Clemson should give us decent enough odds at a bid. Beating VT and losing to Duke and Clemson probably has us on the outside looking in.

This reminds me, mama Hildreth was on Twitter asking where all the haters were last night.
Ha, I don’t THINK there is more than a couple Cam HATERS. I love the guy, and I love his grit, but he’s clearly struggling offensively with the wrist injury.

I think last night was essentially the template for his game the rest of the season: lock down defense, assist and rebound like normal, if he can get to the rim go for it, and only threes if there is 1 second left on the shot clock.
There are a ton of very vocal Cam haters on social media. Pretty sure one of them is that dude who used to slug down gin on here and bitch about CMM.

most likely we'll go 3-2 to end the season

question - do we prefer a win vs duke or a win @ VT?
Win over Duke of course for sure. Winning at Virginia Tech would be great and road wins are definitely lacking. However, beating a top 10 Duke is more important.

I would not feel comfortable if we finish 3-2. Need 4-1.

Nah. Clemson would still play ACC Tourney games before Selection Sunday that impact their NET. You win that game as convincingly as you can.

In my mind, the Duke game is the most important in the regular season.
Then I'd say Notre Dame because we need road wins, followed by GT because that'd be embarrassing. Call those two "can't lose" instead of "must win".
If we take care of those 3, then my preference would be to win @ VT (another road win and a Q1).
If all of that happens, the Clemson game probably doesn't mean as much because we'd already be at 13 wins with a double bye (with 2 additional Q1 wins).

Lose to Duke and we absolutely need to run the table in the regular season, IMO.

Oh for sure. Beat them by a billion. My post was just another complaint about how dumb quads are.

The most Wake Forest outcome here is we lose to Duke and VT both by 1 point, beat the shit out the other 3, and become the first team to be left out with a top 25 NET.

I believe no team ranked 41 or higher in the NET has ever missed the NCAAT. Sure, it's possible Wake falls back into the 40s before the end of the season, but as of now, there no reason for the experts to have Wake not in the tournament after last night.

There are a ton of very vocal Cam haters on social media. Pretty sure one of them is that dude who used to slug down gin on here and bitch about CMM.
Preston Willabee? That dude looks like a complete toolbag.

Jesus dude. You all argue with people like this on Twitter?

I believe no team ranked 41 or higher in the NET has ever missed the NCAAT. Sure, it's possible Wake falls back into the 40s before the end of the season, but as of now, there no reason for the experts to have Wake not in the tournament after last night.
No team has been left out with a NET of 37 or higher.

Wow....Just took a scroll on his profile. Cam Hitlerdreth is something this grown man typed out, along with "Cam Hildreth was on the Epstein logs people forget"

Back