• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

TCU dropped from NET 30 to 37 because they lost to Baylor by 8 last night. Losing to Baylor is a better loss than losing to Wake or Pitt

Yeah. KP has Clemson winning by 6 tonight... So if they lose outright, they will most certainly slide down in the NET. Would require them to then beat ND and Syracuse by well over 10 points (each) to move back up ahead of getting beat by Wake in the Joel.

If (when) we beat GT at the Joel next week, we should have that same fan run out onto the court (by himself) after the game to trip over Baye Ndongo's outstretched leg.

It could become a thing.

In the finale, he can run into PJ Hall.
PJ Hall is actually tough, so Ts & Ps to that kid.

What we REALLY need is BC to get hot these next few games... Knock off UVA & Pitt to help us in the ACC standings and also somehow move from 88 in NET to the Top 75 to get us another Q1 win.
But not hot enough for the ACCT

i don't know why - but we need to root for nc central tonight against delaware st and sc state against maryland eastern shore!

I’ve never filled out a bracket that didn’t have Wake winning the natty. Looking forward to participating again.
wow - must have been really awkward this last decade filling in a team that wasn't even in the NIT!

i don't know why - but we need to root for nc central tonight against delaware st and sc state against maryland eastern shore!
Something is off there. It's the one part of his site that seems to have a bug as there's no way those games matter. But the obvious games impact and winner do seem to be correct, so who knows what's going on with these meaningless games.

TCU dropped from NET 30 to 37 because they lost to Baylor by 8 last night. Losing to Baylor is a better loss than losing to Wake or Pitt
This just tells me that a ton of teams are really tightly bunched in that area from 30 to 37. Lots of movement to ensue.

I wonder if Tennessee fans would rather go to Memphis than Charlotte. Obviously Charlotte is closer for many Tennessee, but there's also the chance they could draw Clemson, Wake, or even South Carolina (conferences don't matter anymore, right?) in their pod.
Yeah, as DiV states, it probably makes more sense to see what Tennessee would prefer and send them there (if that is Memphis), but the NCAA is EXTREMELY rigid in their mileage principles (not just in this sport, across all post-season competitions), so they will almost certainly end up in Charlotte as long as both Duke and UNC don't pass them on the S-curve. They could easily be slotted against a Wake or Clemson team in Charlotte (for round 2 - only round 1 is considered for home court advantage protection for top 4-seeds, as the NCAA doesn't "project" winners), but not South Carolina, as they will have played them a minimum of 2 times (and possibly a 3rd in the SEC Tournament), and if you play a team twice in the regular season, the earliest you can meet is the Sweet 16 according to bracketing principles.

Guess we won't be able to play UNC in Charlotte after we beat their ass in DC.

Something is off there. It's the one part of his site that seems to have a bug as there's no way those games matter. But the obvious games impact and winner do seem to be correct, so who knows what's going on with these meaningless games.
they matter in very very small amount. opponents opponent SOS type thing

Yeah it's the amount that tells me something is off. There was a SWAC game a week or two ago between 2 teams that are definitely Q4 wherever someone would have played them that said it would impact Wake's tournament prospects by 1.5%. No chance.

Back