• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

On the bright side, you should be able to sit wherever the F you want for GT and Clemson games

This team baffles me maybe more than any that we have had under Forbes. We can look elite on offense and then have a point in the second half where we’re, 3-22 was it? Like, what the fuck?

ETA: Ugh, this means we are going to have to listen to 2&2’s bullshit until Saturday when we beat VT.

I still think we'll beat VT

I can't quit this team
Yeah tonight sucks but people are overreacting based on the few posts I’ve read after I got back from work. This team is legit and electric and I ain’t gonna be quitting on them any time soon.

I still think we'll beat VT

I can't quit this team

I'm in on this. Lunardi is also engagement farming, at this point...

AFAIK, WF at this point (#22) would be the 2nd best team in the modern era to be left out.

(KP's metrics loved #19 PSU in '18.)
i think that whipping VT changes all of these bullshit narratives.

Obviously, we need to win out & avoid embarassing ourselves in D.C... but, I still like the odds.

VT's first Q1 win didn't come until February 26th in 2022. I don't think Wake needs to win the ACCT to be in the NCAAT field, but we're quantifiably beyond VT in '22.

don't let your dreams be dreams!

I'm in on this. Lunardi is also engagement farming, at this point...

AFAIK, WF at this point (#22) would be the 2nd best team in the modern era to be left out.

(KP's metrics loved #19 PSU in '18.)
i think that whipping VT changes all of these bullshit narratives.

Obviously, we need to win out & avoid embarassing ourselves in D.C... but, I still like the odds.

VT's first Q1 win didn't come until February 26th in 2022. I don't think Wake needs to win the ACCT to be in the NCAAT field, but we're quantifiably beyond VT in '22.

don't let your dreams be dreams!
Well you’re forgetting one very key aspect. VT was an automatic qualifier that year.

This team baffles me maybe more than any that we have had under Forbes. We can look elite on offense and then have a point in the second half where we’re, 3-22 was it? Like, what the fuck?

ETA: Ugh, this means we are going to have to listen to 2&2’s bullshit until Saturday when we beat VT.

And we had open look after open look. Parker was absolutely wide open. Carr missed a couple open 3s and an uncontested 10 footer. Sallis missed everything badly - air balled 3 and a fairly uncontested 12 footer in the last minute. Boopie donking up layups. We couldn’t play collectively worse if we tried. Just baffling how everyone imploded.

Too bad the ACCT and the NCAAT are not played at home.

because our overall resume is still pretty good and the metrics don't overreact based on one game like fans do

I’d say the metrics overreact to big wins and losses like fans do.

Back