• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

Wow, one of my favorite Wake hoops wins. I forgot about Visser's play that game/year. My enduring memory is Big E repeatedly scoring inside against an outmatched Jawad Williams (I think).
I feel like he abused Sean May and then Sean fouled out and he went off.

Big E was such a fun player to watch. When the ball was dumped to him one on one it was nearly automatic that he’d back down the defender and score.

Did you know AFA stands for the Chief has arrived

Edited to correct my idiocy.

Last edited:
damn can't even get the joke right - yes, you're correct.

Apparently I didn't hear the story enough.

Trilly Donovan says Reid’s waiver has been denied, but believes the decision has been appealed.

Maybe that is old and/or inaccurate. The last I recall hearing is that the NCAA asked for more info, which sounds different than a denial and appeal.

There’s really no reason to suspect Reid will get a waiver unfortunately. Unfortunate that he seems to be the crucial missing piece for this years team.

can you tell us what his comment says? That site is broken so wouldn't load replies for me

It must be tough for college hoops reporters. They think they have some good scoop and some anonymous guy on Twitter corrects them, debunks them, or gets better scoop. And I can't imagine how beat writers feel when news they've been waiting months for just shows up in Twitter reply before they get word from their inside sources.

It's pretty impossible to understand what the hell the NCAA is doing with the timeline of this waiver process. It's absurd that there are so many players still unsure on if they'll get to play in a season that starts in a few days.

That said, it seems highly likely that none of those two-time transfers will get waivers. Seems like it really doesn't even matter how good of a case you have, the NCAA has decided it wants to put a stop to the nonstop transfers and doesn't really care about the individual players that are affected by its lack of communication.

Back