• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

Are UVA and VaTech not considered Q1? Shouldn't we already of #2 Q1 wins?

Q1 games are 1-30 at home, 1-50 at neutral site, 1-75 on the road

Both teams are between 30-75 so they are Q1 on the road but not at home

The opponent needs to be top 30 to be a Q1 win if its a home game. Top 75 if its a road game.

VT and UVA both are Q2 games for Wake currently, but will be Q1 for the upcoming road games

That team was also 3-5 in Q1 games and we are currently 0-3. You’re saying that if we finish 6-3 with losses to Duke x2 and @UVA you’re absolutely confident we make it? I just don’t see it. We might still make it but I’m certainly not counting it as a lock especially with zero statement wins.
There's a very real chance this outcome would yield a top 30 team in NET, of course very dependent on game margins/efficiency/etc. What's the highest ranked NET team that has ever been left out?

That team was also 3-5 in Q1 games and we are currently 0-3. You’re saying that if we finish 6-3 with losses to Duke x2 and @UVA you’re absolutely confident we make it? I just don’t see it. We might still make it but I’m certainly not counting it as a lock especially with zero statement wins.
Absolutely one hundred percent. Our net would likely be like the mid twenties. Probably a nine seed.

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Man, why didn't we prioritize Khalifa over Deloach? Seems like we could have gotten him fairly easily?

Bart Torvik's view of ACC teams in ACC games only so far this season:

1. WF (#11 nationally, compared to everyone else using only conference games)
2. UNC (#13)
3. Duke (#29)
4. UVA (#34)
5. FSU (#41)
6. Clemson (#51)
7. VPI
8. NCSU
9. Miami
10. Pitt
11. Cuse
12. Notre Dame
13. BC
14. GT
15. Louisville

Stating the obvious: back to back 29-point wins will help the efficiency

Hey all, back with another episode of the BOTG Pod. We're joined by Christian Odjakjian, also known as OdjHoops on Twitter, to discuss myriad Wake-hoops-related topics. A brief written preview below, along with links to the pod on Apple and Spotify.

Wake Forest's past two wins felt like Steve Forbes catching lightning in a bottle. Was that just playing inferior opponents, or have the Deacs turned a corner? Wake Forest looks like a tournament team. The metrics say the Deacs should be dancing. But, right now, the resume doesn't completely back it up. Wake needs Q1 wins. It has Duke twice, UVA, VT and Clemson ahead. It has the season's destiny in its hands. Take it. Don't let opportunities slip away.
Plus, game prep ahead of Saturday's matchup with NC State.

As always, thanks for listening if you choose to do so!

Right I’m aware. Florida recruited them as well as Handlogten. Just seems like he would have been pretty high on our radar given proximity alone.

Back