• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

What’s the definitive RPI for quad 1 wins. As I read the NET rankings consider a Quad 1 win against a top 30 RPI team. While UF and UVA are almost top 30 NET teams they aren’t top 30 RPI.
RPI is meaningless these days. Doesn’t even need to exist.

Q1 wins are against top 30 NET teams at home, top 50 on neutral site, top 75 on the road.

Damn good thing the season doesn’t end today. That would be the most wake forest thing of all time for us to miss the tourney based our biggest wins being against #31 and #32 - the difference in missing out completely and being a solid 9/10 seed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That game made me way too nervous. I wasn't even happy after the game - more miffed that it was that close. Sometimes I lose perspective.

It’s funny. I was thinking the same thing and state still had like 7 fouls to our 4. Their game plan was to simply mug us and expect the refs won’t call all the fouls.
That only truly works if you are wearing blue.

That only truly works if you are wearing blue.
Thank you for reminding me of Duke mugging CP3.
So funny. State fans think the refs screwed them
I will say this. I think we were trying to foul State right before the last shot, but we didn't get them hard enough. That said, if they call that foul, it's side out, and they probably get off a worse shot than what they got.

Damn good thing the season doesn’t end today. That would be the most wake forest thing of all time for us to miss the tourney based our biggest wins being against #31 and #32 - the difference in missing out completely and being a solid 9/10 seed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Isn’t that pretty close to what happened in the Alodes-Laravia season? We had a win against 31 at home and 76 on the road or something like that.

Wake has opportunity to pick up 4 Q1 wins this week.

4?

Florida could become one, but our game at UVA will likely either turn our home win into a Q1 if they beat us or move them further away from the top 30 and ensure it remains a Q2 if we beat them.

4?

Florida could become one, but our game at UVA will likely either turn our home win into a Q1 if they beat us or move them further away from the top 30 and ensure it remains a Q2 if we beat them.
If UVA beats Pitt badly enough to jump into top 30, it’s reasonable that they stay there even with a close loss to Wake.

Regardless, this doesn’t really matter right now. It matters if they are Q1 in a few weeks, not this week

If UVA beats Pitt badly enough to jump into top 30, it’s reasonable that they stay there even with a close loss to Wake.

Regardless, this doesn’t really matter right now. It matters if they are Q1 in a few weeks, not this week
I know I joke about the metrics, but the arbitrary cut lines for quads is the stupidest bullshit ever. The idea that our resume is somehow that much better because teams we beat months ago move up a three spots is a really dumb fucking way to make decisions that impact people’s livelihoods.

Especially because the strength of those games are already factored into the net rating. You’re just arbitrarily weighting that factor way higher by calling it out.

I’ve seen Sallis mocked as high as 10th pick. He’s gone

Which one? I’ve only seen him in the 20s.

I love this write up from CBS Sports who has him #28:

“Sallis spent two years at Gonzaga but never got going and only averaged 4.4 points in those seasons. He's been unlocked at Wake Forest, though. The 6-5 guard is averaging 17.9 points and making nearly 40% of the 5.6 3-pointers he's attempting per game. He's the latest example that highlights how sometimes a change of scenery is all a player needs, which is why folks are often misguided when they label student-athletes who transfer as people who are just "running from adversity." Sometimes, in reality, they're just running toward success.”

“Running toward success” should be the Wake basketball offseason slogan both for recruiting and celebrating players going pro.

Really like where this team is from an identity standpoint right now, feels like we've figured out a lot of question marks from earlier in the year. Marsh looking very solid in relief of Reid compared to Keller, pairing Parker and Monsanto off the bench has enough offensive upside to make it worth the defensive drop (when Monsanto is hitting shots), plus Parker is actually playing some decent defense now. We've had a nice starting 5 all year, and with Carr/Reid steadily improving together inside our overall defense is still on the rise, but with a legit 8 man rotation and emergency backups in Keller/Marion it feels like we're a complete team.

Huge games on the way, would love to see these guys break through and really do some damage int the league.

I’ve seen Sallis mocked as high as 10th pick. He’s
Which one? I’ve only seen him in the 20s.

I love this write up from CBS Sports who has him #28:

“Sallis spent two years at Gonzaga but never got going and only averaged 4.4 points in those seasons. He's been unlocked at Wake Forest, though. The 6-5 guard is averaging 17.9 points and making nearly 40% of the 5.6 3-pointers he's attempting per game. He's the latest example that highlights how sometimes a change of scenery is all a player needs, which is why folks are often misguided when they label student-athletes who transfer as people who are just "running from adversity." Sometimes, in reality, they're just running toward success.”

“Running toward success” should be the Wake basketball offseason slogan both for recruiting and celebrating players going pro.

saw him at #10 two weeks ago in NBAdraft.net

But just checked again and see he’s in the 20s

Back