• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

Lunardi’s first team out on today’s update. Right behind Utah as the last team in.

I think we match up well with UVA. We will be rested and should be angry. I think our guys get a signature road win and we're feeling much better on Saturday afternoon.
I agree we match up well with them, but I'm a bit worried that they'll be coming in after a really bad loss. We need to be aggressive on both ends of the court, and at least UVA doesn't have the kind of frontcourt that will get Reid in foul trouble.

I agree we match up well with them, but I'm a bit worried that they'll be coming in after a really bad loss. We need to be aggressive on both ends of the court, and at least UVA doesn't have the kind of frontcourt that will get Reid in foul trouble.
Why you gotta go and do us like that?

Hope that is true, and agree that Jordan Minor should not get Reid in foul trouble, but Beekman loves to take the ball to rack and Dunn does all of his scoring inside. UVA will be instructed to take the ball at Efton.

Hope that is true, and agree that Jordan Minor should not get Reid in foul trouble, but Beekman loves to take the ball to rack and Dunn does all of his scoring inside. UVA will be instructed to take the ball at Efton.
Actually uva will be instructed to milk as much shot clock as possible like they always do. Even if they took it right at Reid every time and he fouled on every attempt, he still might play 25 minutes with the arcane bullshit they trot out in charlottesville.

I have to give Hildreth some credit (despite his 4-19 shooting the past 2 games) as he has a legitimate injury to his primary ballhandling and shooting hand/arm, but, in the 7 games since injury:

MPG: 32
PPG: 9.7
RPG: 6.8
APG: 2.2 (not great but ok)
TO PG: 2.0
SPG: 1.2

FG%: 40
3-PT FG%: 16%

So, like Marsh, all he needs to do is never shoot a 3-pointer again until next season. Have to give him credit, playing with "one arm" he is adding hustle and value.

I have to give Hildreth some credit (despite his 4-19 shooting the past 2 games) as he has a legitimate injury to his primary ballhandling and shooting hand/arm, but, in the 7 games since injury:

MPG: 32
PPG: 9.7
RPG: 6.8
APG: 2.2 (not great but ok)
TO PG: 2.0
SPG: 1.2

FG%: 40
3-PT FG%: 16%

So, like Marsh, all he needs to do is never shoot a 3-pointer again until next season. Have to give him credit, playing with "one arm" he is adding hustle and value.
I love Cam but he really needs to adjust his shot selection generally to account for his injury. It’s not just the ill advised 3s.

I love Cam but he really needs to adjust his shot selection generally to account for his injury. It’s not just the ill advised 3s.
I mean, I am fine with him taking those layups he missed on Monday because 1) even with his injury he is making them more often than not and 2) it's good to get the ball to the rim because he is more likely to get fouled and we are more likely to get an offensive rebound than with jumpers

Yeah, I can see him picking up 1 or 2 on Beekman driving but am not worried about Minor, Buchanan or Groves. Dunn, in theory, should be a difficult match-up for us, but in actuality, they don't try to iso him or do 1 single thing to feature him offensively. (And I've been critical of Tony on that accord.) Virtually all his points come on put backs and dunks on breaks or alley-oops. His typical stat line is 4/6 FGA, 11-13 points. Play him loosely on the perimeter, let him shoot, which he won't, and just make sure he doesn't drive, which he rarely looks to do. And any time Minor is out of the game, we should look to get the ball to Reid in the low post because he can take advantage of Buchanan and Groves, who are both goose feather pillow soft.

Yeah, the shooting is tough.

Potentially impacted by small sample sizes, but think Hildreth's splits are:

Before Injury:
3PT: 43% (27/63)
FT: 86% (60/70)

After Injury
3PT: 13% (2/16)
FT: 67% (18/27)

Back