• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

The fact that Virginia is considered in the tournament because their home win against us was a quad 1, but our fucking beat down of them at home was a quad two makes me want to die inside.
Yeah UVA is 65th in KP. He's not the one crowning them obviously

Looking at the LSU box score just made me even angrier.

Not only was Reid still ineligible per the NCAA, Marsh was out with a concussion, so we rolled essentially 7 deep (Canka played one minute) in our third game over four days. Keller started at the 5 playing 22 minutes recording: 0 points, 1 attempted shot (a three), 2 turnovers, and 3 rebounds for a whopping 19 offensive rating (100 is ballpark "average" player). Marion played 25 minutes and he has barely been out there at all lately. Parker only played 9 minutes and missed both threes. Hunter turned the ball over 6 times.

Despite all of that, we went to overtime. I mean....in this situation Keller is just directly not in the game for any meaningful time because Reid is in and then Marsh is in as a body inside against Will Baker to at least bang around a little.

I know we can play "what if" with most teams that are on or around the bubble, but the Wake team that lost to LSU is not even remotely the same Wake team we're balling with right now.

So damn annoying

I hear what you are saying but I’m not sure winning that LSU game would have done a whole lot for us. We have bigger “what ifs” this season.

Adding a win and removing a loss against a Q2 certainly makes the resume look better and if you’re on the bubble the margins are thin

Maturation of PFred, re-emergence of Marsh, Cam finding a new ‘D-dog’ role, have made us a tough out anywhere vs. anyone. We still have games to work out some kinks and roles like Boopie and DMon. Drives me crazy we don’t run more set plays for PFred. Don’t reinvent the wheel, just watch Duke/ JJ Redick game tape - would be sweet to burn them with their own plays, right? Marsh can play Boozer role. We’re trending up at the right time with a chance to finish Feb 6-2.
I would hope that we will see more of this because the kid is obviously earning more PT.

I think Monsanto could benefit from more set plays as well. I get a little frustrated with his shot selection even though i know who DM is and why he has the greenest of green lights. seems like he could let the game come to him a bit more and get cleaner looks out of sets.

I hear what you are saying but I’m not sure winning that LSU game would have done a whole lot for us. We have bigger “what ifs” this season.
Beating LSU would also have changed the other teams Wake played in that tournament. More Q1/2 games, not Q3 games.

Looking at the LSU box score just made me even angrier.

Not only was Reid still ineligible per the NCAA, Marsh was out with a concussion, so we rolled essentially 7 deep (Canka played one minute) in our third game over four days. Keller started at the 5 playing 22 minutes recording: 0 points, 1 attempted shot (a three), 2 turnovers, and 3 rebounds for a whopping 19 offensive rating (100 is ballpark "average" player). Marion played 25 minutes and he has barely been out there at all lately. Parker only played 9 minutes and missed both threes. Hunter turned the ball over 6 times.

Despite all of that, we went to overtime. I mean....in this situation Keller is just directly not in the game for any meaningful time because Reid is in and then Marsh is in as a body inside against Will Baker to at least bang around a little.

I know we can play "what if" with most teams that are on or around the bubble, but the Wake team that lost to LSU is not even remotely the same Wake team we're balling with right now.

So damn annoying
Screenshot_20240224_110603_Brave.jpg

Ogboards to Lunardi: Forgive me dick head,but to me, Beating Duke isn't a business. It's an organization of fans who represent the finest aspects of our great conference. We have many traditions. In my fandem, I have encountered most of them. Some are good, some not so good. I would, however not be here today were it not for our greatest tradition of all.

Joe Lunardi: And what would that be, Chief?
Ogboards: destroying the souls of Duke, their players, their coaches, and their fans. NOW SEED US COWARD.

Going 0-4 @FSU, @NC State, @Pittsburgh, and @UVA with Efton for each and every game just isn’t easy to get over and puts in the position where our season is more or less on the line in a must-win game against a top 10 team loaded with future NBA players.
True, but if we have reid, marsh and Monsanto for uga, lsu, and Utah and win those games, that takes us to 2-5 in quad 1 games and 6-2 in quad 2. Looks a lot better than 1-5 and 4-4 if the committee is saying that all that matters is your quad 1 and quad 2 record.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

True, but if we have reid, marsh and Monsanto for uga, lsu, and Utah and win those games, that takes us to 2-5 in quad 1 games and 6-2 in quad 2. Looks a lot better than 1-5 and 4-4 if the committee is saying that all that matters is your quad 1 and quad 2 record.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Sure I mean if we won all three of those games, we'd be 20-6 and a top 15 team in the country haha

Back