• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

what’s the NCAA tournament chances if we: beat Georgia Tech, lose to Clemson, then lose in the first round of the ACC tournament?

what’s the NCAA tournament chances if we: beat Georgia Tech, lose to Clemson, then lose in the first round of the ACC tournament?
I think we need 3 wins to secure a bid. There are a lot of teams flopping at the finish but 2 wins puts us in the mixer of who knows. Anything short of that and we are almost for sure out.

I agree that we're at 0% in that scenario

we would have one Q1 win. we would also have a loss to Notre Dame or someone like that in the 6-11 game at the ACCT

If we lose to Clemson we need at least two wins in DC (but probably 3!)

Last edited:
We are going to beat GT and Clemson to finish the undefeated home slate. That was never in question.
That is correct and IMO that will be enough to get in. A poor showing in DC good send them to Dayton though.

In the last seven days we have gone from hyper euphoria to the depths of depression. When I think back to the 10 years of hell with redacted and mannequin and the doom and gloom we all felt, at that time I would have given anything to be in the situation we have now. Our teams's strategy been discussed infiniteum and will continue to be an active topic for many months to come. We all wanted to win these last four & have a decent seed in the tournament. However it does not look promising. I would not want to return to the days of feeling helpless when Wellman was in charge. If Forbes was immediately replaced, how long would it take to bring this team to a level of relevance that surpassed Forbes?

Tie breakers:

Tie with Clemson, Wake gets the ACC bye by beating Clemson.
Tie with UVA, Wake gets the ACC bye by splitting with UVA, and by beating the higher seeded Duke.
Tie with Syracuse, Wake gets the ACC bye since Wake beat Syracuse.
Tie with Pitt, Wake split with Pitt. Both beat the higher seeded Duke. Can someone please explain how Pitt would get the bye over Wake?

Tie breakers:

Tie with UVA, Wake gets the ACC bye by splitting with UVA, and by beating the higher seeded Duke.
Tie with Pitt, Wake split with Pitt. Both beat the higher seeded Duke. Can someone please explain how Pitt would get the bye over Wake?
Pitt went 1-0 vs UVA, WF went 1-1 vs UVA

Tie breakers:

So essentially we root for Pitt to lose one of their last 2 at home vs 500 teams and we win out and we secure double bye. BUT do we want double bye as having an easy first win vs a UL or GaT followed by a W vs the # 3 or 4 seed might be better for resume to finish with 4 wins before a loss in semis. Obviously if we beat a unc or duke in tourney in ACC semis we are a lock at that point.

Back