• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

Most likely outcome to me feels like we win the next two and then lose in the first round of the ACC tournament.

There is a major X factor though. Does a neutral site Wake team look more like Home Wake (96 Bulls) or Road Wake (2004 Yankees)?

If somehow the issue is playing on the road rather than not playing at home, we can start ordering the banners.

During the first five minutes of the second half yesterday, when it became clear the game would slip away and we were heading to another road loss, I made peace with the fact that no matter what happens for the remainder of the games, I will absolutely not be complaining if we get left out. We have blown each and every chance we’ve had to sew this thing up. No more room for error.

I’ve become a bit more zen after the ND debacle. I can’t get too worked up over this is the team can bother to be ready for a bottom feeder team. I really enjoy watching this team but if they miss the tournament it comes down to lack of composure and focus when it matters most.

Anyway we can still play our way in and it helps that Seton Hall got beat to fuck today and Memphis is losing.

UAB pulling a Wake - only 9 fucking points in the second half against Memphis.

Folks, we can moan and groan and look at all of the possible scenarios concerning this team but I feel that it really comes down to one simple fact.
This team is lacking someone with a "bad-ass attitude" like Frank Johnson, Josh Howard, or Randolph Childress.

I think that has us last 4 in. Which is Dayton. Blech
Torvik has Wake in the last byes if they go 2-0 this week. If that happens DC’s worst case scenario should be getting shipped to Dayton, but opportunity to stay in last byes or move up seeding line. It would be great if they didn’t leave themselves with no margin of error, but Wake at the Joel has been pretty consistent all season long.

last four byes but if they don't win an acc tournament game, they are first team out

they had their opportunity and blew it. just don't lose to both ND and VT. but noooo. have to blow two second half leads.
now they have to win at least three in a row, or i believe they get left out.

I don't really care to go to the NCAA Tournament just to be embarrassed in the 1st or 2nd round likely by a mid-major. I'd rather go to the NIT to build the teams confidence.

Is "home" decided by rank or overall record in the NIT?

And bloop singles. We’ve got to get more bloop singles!

Dayton isn't the NCAAT. It's the right to play into the NCAAT. A loss there is just as relevant as playing in the NIT.
I agree. Would still taking playing in Dayton over the NIT every time. It looks like Dayton might be our best possible outcome at this point since we have squandered so many road opportunities.

Dayton isn't the NCAAT. It's the right to play into the NCAAT. A loss there is just as relevant as playing in the NIT.
And? Win the first game in Dayton and you’re in the tournament. Knowing our luck, the team would be super disinterested in the NIT and get beat first round by a midmajor at home.

If we end up playing here in Dayton someone is going to have to bring me a dozen country ham biscuits from Bojangles, please. But...just play to our ability, win out, and get seeded and let UD play in their own arena for Fst4

Back