• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: wheelin & dealin

Pretty brutal offseason for Braves pitchers. Matzek and Ynoa with Tommy John. Iglesias and Wright to start the season on IL. Yet another injury setback for Soroka - starting the season in AAA.

When the Braves open in DC tomorrow, Max Fried will face Patrick Corbin....

It doesn't get any worse than Patrick Corbin versus Atlanta:

In nine starts against the Braves since 2020, he is 0-8 with a 7.80 ERA and 1.852 WHIP. He hasn’t beaten Atlanta since July 29, 2019; the only member of the Nats lineup that night still in the organization is center fielder Victor Robles.

Any good Braves podcasts out there that you all listen to? Trying to keep up more this year with the team.

Ha yeah the Junkies said Corbin was the opening day starter on their show the other day and I thought they were joking. I went to one of the Corbin starts against the Braves last year, was only like 15 minutes late and it was already 3-0 Braves.

Any good Braves podcasts out there that you all listen to? Trying to keep up more this year with the team.
680 the fan (Braves flagship radio station) has several podcasts for their different shows that I follow (Cellini and Dimino, Chuck and Chernoff). They have some good interviews from time to time.

Trying to get my VPN set up since we open with Washington first and, as we all know, Raleigh is a huge Washington fanbase so it is naturally blacked out.

I'm blacked out from all Braves games even though I live over a 5 hour drive away from Truist Park. The model of TV blackouts for MLB is the #1 thing killing the growth of viewership of the sport. It's just idiotic the way things are set up.

Well I got my Bally app to think I am at my mom’s in SC. Yet it still doesn’t show the Braves coming on today.

Anyone having any luck with a stream? I’d love to watch pregame. I do not have a VPN.

I’m in Winston today and tomorrow and it looks like the Braves would normally be OK on MLB.tv, but the Nats are a blackout team, so SOL today (I have a VPN, but I haven’t figured out if it’s possible to bypass location services with the MLB app - just having the VPN on didn’t work).

(I have a VPN, but I haven’t figured out if it’s possible to bypass location services with the MLB app - just having the VPN on didn’t work).
This should be possible, I have done it before. Maybe the MLB app is updated to fix that, but I haven't heard anything suggesting that it has been

This should be possible, I have done it before. Maybe the MLB app is updated to fix that, but I haven't heard anything suggesting that it has been
Thanks - will play around with it.

First baserunner and Ronald already steals after the 2 pickoff attempts. It will be funny to watch this rule in action. Thankfully we have speed.

Back