• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: wheelin & dealin

Olson carrying right on from spring training. Might be a sleeper MVP candidate. Kinda nice to have at least 4 MVP contenders: Acuña, Olson, Riley, and maybe Harris.

Olson carrying right on from spring training. Might be a sleeper MVP candidate. Kinda nice to have at least 4 MVP contenders: Acuña, Olson, Riley, and maybe Harris.
Strider is going to win the Cy Young and the MVP.

I am 45 minutes east of Raleigh and successfully streaming using ExpressVPN and my MLB.tv subscription on the MLB iPad app. I thought that the MLB app on iOS used location services (i.e. GPS pinpoint) to determine blackout, but apparently not. I know it used to, and maybe it still does on iPhone, but it definitely does not on iPad because VPN convinced them I'm in New Jersey.
ExpressVPN is working on the MLB.tv app on iPhone as well. I disabled location services for the app in iOS settings and set the VPN to New Jersey. Had an error the first couple times but closed out the app, disconnected the WiFi and reconnected and voila. So I guess if the MLB app doesn't have access to location services it then relies on approximate location according to network data. That's a coding change I'm pretty sure because in prior years if you didn't give the app access to GPS location, it wouldn't stream at all.

Brutal debut for Shuster walking the world against this AAAA team.

ExpressVPN is working on the MLB.tv app on iPhone as well. I disabled location services for the app in iOS settings and set the VPN to New Jersey. Had an error the first couple times but closed out the app, disconnected the WiFi and reconnected and voila. So I guess if the MLB app doesn't have access to location services it then relies on approximate location according to network data. That's a coding change I'm pretty sure because in prior years if you didn't give the app access to GPS location, it wouldn't stream at all.
I couldn’t get it to work on opening day while I was in Winston, but having no problems on the iPhone MLB app now with NordVPN. Got the same error I got in Winston the first time I tried, but switched to a different location (from NY to Denver) and worked fine.

Vaughn Grissom had a big start to his AAA season. He will be up soon.

Fried officially to the IL and Elder called up.

Braves also are (finally) retiring Andruw’s #25.

Elder looked great. Hoping Shuster isn’t the odd man out after one start because Elder and Dodd looked so good.

Wright rehabs tonight and should be back soon.

Shuster and Dodd both look like back end or AAAA guys depending on control. Dodd has better fastball, Shuster better breaking ball. Neither seems to have Elder’s very average arsenal.

Back