• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: wheelin & dealin

Man, Ronnie hits it a few feet to the right, that’s a GS.

That should just about do it. Barring the magical run in 2021, this shit is so predictable year after year. I thought the lineup was deep enough this year that we could survive a couple or even a few guys going cold, but I never expected the whole lineup to disappear.
throw in bad baserunning

Would be pretty weak if the best teams in college and pro baseball both didn’t even make the finals.

its like a bad dream. terrible clutch hitting. a wtf baserunning mistake in a crucial situation. been here before

That should just about do it. Barring the magical run in 2021, this shit is so predictable year after year. I thought the lineup was deep enough this year that we could survive a couple or even a few guys going cold, but I never expected the whole lineup to disappear.
Yeah 2021 was the most “unlike” Braves playoff performance. The last two years have been the “norm” ie great regular season and then can’t get out of the first round. Braves offense completely disappeared.

And you just know that run that they tried giving to us and we wouldn't take. It's gonna come back to burn us.

We followed up last season's inept performance against philly in the playoffs with another inept performance against philly in the playoffs.

I mean it's pretty clear the playoff system is totally broken. There's no chance this many elite regular season teams flaming out 1st round is a coincidence after rust. Baseball is the most streaky, momentum driven sport in the world, and requiring the best teams to sit around and do nothing while other teams get to play, win, and build momentum is very stupid.

It should absolutely be 1 wild card and 7-7-7. Regular season needs to matter.

I mean it's pretty clear the playoff system is totally broken. There's no chance this many elite regular season teams flaming out 1st round is a coincidence after rust. Baseball is the most streaky, momentum driven sport in the world, and requiring the best teams to sit around and do nothing while other teams get to play, win, and build momentum is very stupid.

I agree with you that the division series (and onward) should be 7 games. Regular reason needs to go back to 150 games or something like that to make it work. Can’t be playing baseball into mid November.

Aside from the All Star Break, no baseball team has more than a night off in between games (ok, I know there were a very few 2 day off stretches for some teams this year, but that was RARE). You give a team a week off while their opponent has won a series during that time....that's an advantage to the team that's been playing. Sim games are nowhere close to real games.

Back