• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

wonder if it was done with the intention of no way hiring the interim so just throw out someone to the wolves, rather than one of the coordinators pulling off a Wilks and Tepper still has no intention of hiring them

But Chris Tabor is one of the coordinators.

Caldwell or Capers would have been the interims with no chance to get the head job.

Or pull an Irsay and hire Jordan Gross.

But Chris Tabor is one of the coordinators.

Caldwell or Capers would have been the interims with no chance to get the head job.

Or pull an Irsay and hire Jordan Gross.
Luke with a competent OC would be my choice.

Chris Tabor as interim? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense if they have any inkling of keeping Evero. But Evero seems to suck too so I guess what the hell. At least they didn't let Caldwell captain the submarine.

This team still sucks. Maybe we run the ball more and do more play action since we can’t pass block.

Absolutely meaningless unless Fitt quickly follows. This roster is built to win 4-5 games with competent coaching. If Fitt is allowed to do more subtraction by addition with more useless players through the draft and free agency, the team will need only continue to get worse.

We can't be an effective running team with the backs we have and running out of the shotgun on every down. Huge mistake preparing this offense as a shotgun/pistol offense 90% of the time. You need play action. And you can't be a passing team if your line can't pass block.

Reich deserved so much better, Can't wait till he fesses up how he felt about the disastrous 2022 draft process.

Here's some texts I've been getting:

"xxx told me last night he’s a good coach but the owner and GM basically gave him zero input on who he needed and wanted”

“Coaches at practice would be asking where guys were and Fitt had cut them and the coaches didn’t know”

Just talked to him. Learned some new things. Tepper is embarrassed about how basically nothing he has done as owner has worked out or been the smart move, except maybe the CMC trade. He's extremely upset and upset with himself for thinking he could do it without highly experienced football guys making the decisions. Has learned his lessons. Said his wife wanted them to draft CJ Stroud and that has caused some finger pointing. Was extremely pissed that Levis outperformed Bryce yesterday. Tepper is very upset that they traded DJ Moore and picks and got where they are now. Seems convinced that it wasn't the right move although he thinks Bryce will be a good QB but not one you bet your franchise on by trading the farm. He definitely is eating crow and says he won't make these same mistakes again.

Based on that conversation, Fitterer is next.

Here's some texts I've been getting:

"xxx told me last night he’s a good coach but the owner and GM basically gave him zero input on who he needed and wanted”

“Coaches at practice would be asking where guys were and Fitt had cut them and the coaches didn’t know”
Don't know about the first one being correct, but that second one sure is true.

I'm not sure who we hire, but I hope it's not someone named after the god damn nazis.

Back