• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

I always thought a good coach schemes around his players. Imagine how much better the defense would be if one of the best players was on the field.

does anyone watch Cam's YouTube videos? saw he wants to be one of the biggest athlete ones.

I catch the highlights on the 4th and 1 Instagram page. Luke surprising him last night made me all sad inside about the good ole days.

does anyone watch Cam's YouTube videos? saw he wants to be one of the biggest athlete ones.
Feels like every pro athlete who retired in the last 10 years has a YouTube channel and/or podcast.

The Saint and Sinner Podcast with Tim Tebow and Aaron Hernandez. Tell me that wouldn't get all the clicks.

In Evero's scheme Chinn would have to cover receivers in man a lot and that's his big weakness. That's why he didnt play. But given the lack of depth we had a linebacker it would have seemed we could have played him there a good bit. He's physical and a very good tackler.
Seems we need our best 11 on the field. And Chinn is top 11

Seems we need our best 11 on the field. And Chinn is top 11

Agree. IMO this is bad coaching. Coaches should scheme to their (best) talent. When Don Shula had the best OL and a stable of RB's in the 70's (Czonka, Kiick, Morris), he ran the ball. When he had Dan Marino in the 80's, he threw the ball. Shula was not tied to a scheme, but schemed to his talent. That is a good coach.

Peppers…the best Panthers draft pick and best Panther!

End of conversation.

I get that, but I had Smitty next. Cam’s MVP was a great year, but an outlier for a good career.

Want a crazy stat? Peppers' original stint with the Panthers was as long as Luke's entire career (both 8 years 140 games vs. 125 games).

Back