• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

i mean caleb williams is very good

i'm just saying that stroud and bryce are ridiculous, this is a good draft to take one of the top 2 QBs on the board

coming out of college, i'd take stroud or young over any other college QB outside of lawrence and burrow over the last 5 years

i like stroud and/or young more than these 1st round QBs:

2022: Pickett
2021: Wilson, Lance, Fields, Jones
2020: Tua, Herbert, Love
2019: Murray, Jones, Haskins
2018: Mayfield, Darnold, Allen, Rosen
2017: Trubisky, Mahomes [I always liked Watson and didn't think he should have dropped to 10]

now you can go back and say that herbert, josh allen, and mahomes worked out (and maybe kyler), but those guys weren't necessarily a better prospect going into the draft

It's an interesting hypothetical. I think a reasonable argument can be made to take Kyler, Tua, or Herbert higher than this year's guys. There's probably not any other guys that a majority of scouts would rank higher though

They probably know who they want but don't want to make it known so they can get Houston to bite and draft up to take Young if that's who they really want so then Panthers can get Stroud and some draft capital.
Correct. They know who they want but not gonna signal. No reason to. Plus they have like 6 weeks to dig deeper and they could even change their mind.

Seems pretty obvious we want Stroud. If I know that, so does Houston. And there's not really any other competition for the pick, we aren't going to drop below 2.

Highly doubt we trade it.

Seems like it would be foolish not to bring in SBIV to compete against Stroud or Young since he beat them both in the CFP.

He def did not seem to be a cancer in Carolina...he just sucked.
Yeah, I'm guessing his agent worked on him about an attitude adjustment with his 2nd team. The Browns were desperate to move on from him, and the players appeared to be backing OBJ the prior season in their spat.

Biff, more like the rest of the team had a lot to do with beating Bama and tOSU. That said, I kinda like Bennett and think he could be a serviceable back-up at the next level. Of the day 3 QBs, the only 1 I like over him is DTR.

i like stroud and/or young more than these 1st round QBs:

2022: Pickett
2021: Wilson, Lance, Fields, Jones
2020: Tua, Herbert, Love
2019: Murray, Jones, Haskins
2018: Mayfield, Darnold, Allen, Rosen
2017: Trubisky, Mahomes [I always liked Watson and didn't think he should have dropped to 10]

now you can go back and say that herbert, josh allen, and mahomes worked out (and maybe kyler), but those guys weren't necessarily a better prospect going into the draft
Hold on 1 second, Herbert, Mahomes and Allen?!?!? I love Stroud and Young and would be happy with either. But I don't see either being better than 3 of the top 5 QBs in the game. That's some serious Koolaid consumption.

Hold on 1 second, Herbert, Mahomes and Allen?!?!? I love Stroud and Young and would be happy with either. But I don't see either being better than 3 of the top 5 QBs in the game. That's some serious Koolaid consumption.

He was comparing as prospects coming out of college

I know that those guys have turned out to be great NFL QBs

but if you looked at JUST their draft profiles, they'd go after stroud and young

As the resident Buckeye homer, I'd have preferred Fields over Stroud coming out of college. Dude is just an insane athlete, and I'll never forget how incredible his torching of Clemson was in the playoffs (even after than mongaloid LB targeted him in the spleen and knocked him out of the game).

Watching what Stroud did to the best defense in America without his top 2 WRs (once Harrison got hurt), top 2 TEs, and top 2 RBs was pretty amazing though. I didn't realize he had wheels like that, and his mobility shown in that game alone made me a lot more confident in his pro future.

Back