• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

I just saw a top 5 list of NFC QBs (assuming ARod trade goes through), and whoooooo boy. If Young/Stroud are good, they could legit be a top 3-5 NFC QB in year 2. This also makes me want to bet a signficant sum on "next year's super bowl winning team coming from the AFC" at -130.

1. Hurts
2. Cousins(!!)
3. Dak
4. Kyler
5. Geno (!!)
I'd say the list underrates the potential of the 49ers, who have a system that isn't reliant at all on exceptional QB play. But other than the 49ers, Eagles, and maybe the Cowboys I wouldn't say there are any NFC teams that are even a decent bet to win a Super Bowl.

I'd project

1. Hurts
2. Dak - last year was just a bit of a down year
3. Young
4. Geno - he really had a good year
5. Stafford if healthy, if not, Goff or Fields - Goff had his best year, and Fields will continue to improve

Zona will be moving on from that Kyler Murray contract after 2024.

is Dak good?
He has been good but was off this past year and had a TO problem for the 1st time. I think he rebounds and has a good year, though I trust that process less with McCarthy. I'm guessing McCarthy gets fired after no more than 1 playoff win.

The NFL goes in such cycles, the AFC will be back to having shitty quarterbacks soon enough.

I'd say the list underrates the potential of the 49ers, who have a system that isn't reliant at all on exceptional QB play. But other than the 49ers, Eagles, and maybe the Cowboys I wouldn't say there are any NFC teams that are even a decent bet to win a Super Bowl.
dont know the odds but I think the Lions could be a frisky bet

Haven’t some of their better skill players left?
lost Williams and Chark but added Montgomery and basically Jameson Williams.

Defense was their main problem last year and so far they have added Cameron Sutton and CJ gardner-Johnson. As Windy pointed they could end up with a couple of other defensive studs through the draft as well

Zane Gonzalez traded to Niners for a conditional 2025 late-round pick after they gave Eddy Piniero a 2-year deal.

Would be sweet to get an extra 6th or 7th round pick for an extra kicker.

You can just trade a pick that far off? Geez.
Yeah. That's only two years from now. The #1 pick trade included a 2025 2nd rounder. That trade happened two weeks ago. Feels longer.

Yeah. That's only two years from now. The #1 pick trade included a 2025 2nd rounder. That trade happened two weeks ago. Feels longer.
Yeah I knew that was part of the trade up but sucks to not get anything immediate

Yeah I knew that was part of the trade up but sucks to not get anything immediate
Pretty sure a conditional late-round pick in two years is the least a team can get in a trade. I don't even think the NFL has cash considerations. That's pretty good. Usually teams just cut that guy in camp and get nothing.

But it's certainly possible Gonzalez could have a good season for the Niners and Pineiro plays out his new contract then goes elsewhere. The Panthers could sign Gonzalez in 2025 weeks before using the pick they got for his 2023 season.

Back