• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Football Scholly Tracker | In: Roberts (A&T LB), Ganious (Nova DT), Merrill (Vols WR)

The quote in the tweet is used by a lot of recruits, wouldn’t take it as a personal shot against Wake.

I actually think Holmes has plenty of talent. Just think he was in his own head this season with a new scheme. If he had come back next year, year 2 in Lamberts system, he would have been fine. There’s a reason “big” programs have offered.

I agree with that. Holmes was a loss. I saw his trajectory similar to ja’sir’s. He was often hanging with receivers, but couldn’t make plays. I think he would’ve put it together. Roberts on the other hand was outmatched and will benefit from dropping a level.

Clawson held a signing day/pre-bowl game presser today.

Some tidbits on roster construction as WF sifts through transfer portal options:

• WF is not taking a QB (likes where WF is with Griffis and Kern)
  • WF will be looking hard to add at all 3 levels of the defense: DT, LB and CB. WF could add two at CB.
  • Likes that so many of the incoming class are enrolling in January.
    • If a true frosh is able to contribute, he will play

Liberty's leading rushed Dae Dae Hunter is only a sophomore and he's really good, but he suffered an injury at the end of the season, and then got arrested. So, maybe there's an opening for Cooley.

Cooley is going to fucking Liberty? What the hell?

Yeah what the fuck is Cooley doing. This makes so little sense there has to be something going on.

Holmes seems a bit salty about his Wake departure.
I thought that was a reference to the Texas doubters not a shot against Wake. I would assume most transfers have their minds on the business ahead of em not the past.

Honestly, I am not cheering for Holmes at all. He mailed it in when we needed him most. Also think he has shown his ass multiple times in the portal transfer process.

Cooley I will cheer for, but I will never cheer for Liberty. I hope Quinton rushes for 1,000 yards there and gets a shot at a legit school somewhere else in a year or two.

In Clawson we trust.

whatever. Go 4 quarters without getting burned and three games without getting hurt....be a football player. Maybe at this point in college you will have learned that. Now show you can do it, instead of being the guy barely in the picture as the WR makes another good play.
My lasting memory of him will forever be running out of bounds about 5 yards AHEAD of a Duke receiver streaking towards the end zone so he wouldn’t have to touch him.

The situation of a player playing in the bowl game but having already committed to a transfer to another team is incredibly bizarre. Why would Clawson waste carries and experience on a guy who will be playing for Liberty next year?

Not like we don’t have other backs to carry the ball. I hope, given it’s Sam’s last game at Wake that he gets to go off and throw a ton.

Back