• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 in Memoriam

G-Man is a nice guy… CT hoops don’t have a ton of NBA guys… he’s one

He's not that old. But I haven't heard him doing games in a while. Elmore is still alive too.

This may explain his absence from doing games. He is now on the board of the Emerald School, "Carolina's First Recovery High School"

Hopefully Gminiski is still sober.

Mike Gminski was the seventh pick in the NBA Draft in 1980, after an all-American career at Duke. He averaged almost 12 points a game over a 14-year NBA career, where he says alcohol abuse really wasn't an issue. But then life threw some haymakers at the G-Man and he used drinking and drugs to cope. On July 13, 2020, Gminski's son Noah and his ex-wife drove him to Florida, where former teammate Jayson Williams is running a treatment center called Rebound Institute. By that point, Gminski was drinking a fifth of vodka a day and taking Xanax to deal with panic attacks. At Rebound, he learned how to stay sober and play the game of life again. Gminski talks with Pete about getting sober, a colorful NBA career, and his work as a successful TV analyst on college basketball games. And he does all his talking from Rebound, where he's now employed. But most importantly he talks about almost dying a year ago and living his best life today. Gminski calls it a miracle. We bet you'll call this a great podcast.

This may explain his absence from doing games. He is now on the board of the Emerald School, "Carolina's First Recovery High School"

Hopefully Gminiski is still sober.

I saw him doing a game a few weeks back. Can’t recall which.

Had not heard this story about him being in rehab. I do recall his fiancée dying unexpectedly a few years back. Bet something started with it….probably the haymaker referenced above.

Back