• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Tennis Thread

Pilchard

Reaction score
Realize the Aussie Open is not headline news here, but its almost 4 in the morning in Melbourne and Andy Murray is still playing in the 5th set against Aussie Thansi Kokkinakis.

Last edited:
Realize the Aussie Open is not headline news here, but its almost 4 in the morning in Melbourne and Andy Murray is still playing in the 5th set against Aussie Thansi Kokkinakis.
cue milhouse

Happy to see Rublev advance - he's very likeable. How about JJ Wolf and Ben Shelton!? Quite an advertisement for college tennis. Many here will remember Petros dismantling Wolf in the national championship at 2 singles. And just two years ago, Ben Shelton was playing 5 singles for Florida. Crazy.

Shelton looks like he will be a top 10 player.

USA men’s tennis finally has some young talent.

Korda needs to figure out how to stay healthy.

He's got top 5 talent, but is not going to get there, or stay there, if he stays injured in his prime years.

not going to pretend I've watched him play a ton, but top-5 talent?

tennis is so loaded right now

maybe

but if we're talking pure talent is he ahead of like Alcaraz, Kyrgios, Djok, Tsitsipas, Felix, Shapo, Tiafoe, Rublev, etc.?

he might be, I've just never seen anyone claim that

Perhaps by "Korda" he meant the collective talent in the family?

I'm a fan of the family, too. And obviously a fan of S. Korda. Tough way to go out.
I agree that Korda has a lot of talent. He can hit really big, probably more so than Felix, Shapo, Tiafoe.

Guess we’ll see if Tsitsipas can get over the hump against Djokovic. He says he’s in a different headspace this year and feels like he’s at his best.

not a tsitsipas fan but defs pulling for him over djok

didn't he almost get disqualified for hitting a ball kid?

Joker has won 14 straight sets, since losing the 2nd set in the second round. Joker has lost one set in the tournament, and has beaten Tsitsipas 9 straight times. Seems like a tall order for Stefanos.

Guess we’ll see if Tsitsipas can get over the hump against Djokovic. He says he’s in a different headspace this year and feels like he’s at his best.
Tsistipas has the game to beat Djokovic, but it's hard to imagine him winning given the way Djokovic has been playing.

Back