• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 WF Baseball - Schedule Released

I think we are showing something....delivering clutch pitches, even in FCs, and timely needed hitting. Can we finally peak at the end of a season?

Lowder with the CG gem - 90 pitches and only 2 earned runs on solo shots. What a beast.

I did not like our chances going into the B9 only leading 3-2, not with State and our history in Raleigh. Guys really "stepped up to the plate" 😁...proud of them!

Just back from the park. Great win. Rhett was a beast. Brock looked completely lost except for the HR swing. State fans were obnoxious as usual going nuts about the strike zone the whole game. I always love how people halfway down the baseline think they can see the zone.

I hope that Walter isn't afraid to go to the pen early today depending on how Hartle does in his first 3-4 innings.

And even though we have underachieved, there is no question that this team is a top 45ish team and should be in the NCAA tourney. We are really a handful of one run losses from being a 1 seed.

Last night, in addition to WF over State:

L'ville 4 UVA 1
VT 15 Duke 11
Clemson 15 BC 1
GT 8 Pitt 7
Miami 6 ND 4
UNC 7 FSU 5

The ACC standings among the teams that WF can pass in the standings or that WF can pass:

6. FSU 15-13 (@UNC)
7. NC State 14-13 (WF)
8. WF 13-14-1 (@State)
9. Pitt 13-14 (GT)
10. UNC 13-15 (FSU)
11. GT 13-15 (Pitt)

12 Clemson (11-16) (BC)

Pretty much each of those teams needs to win games this weekend and/or the ACCT to lock up an NCAAT bid.

So, with two regular season games left, WF currently has the 8th best record in the ACC. Even so, WF can rise as high as 6th or fall to as low as 11th. The way the ACCT schedule works, 6 teams play on Tuesday, and the other 6 teams that make the ACCT play the tournament opener on Wednesday. Would think WF would rather play on Wednesday so that Lowder could start the opener on 5 days rest (Lowder pitched on 5 days rest last night.)

Last edited:
9-4 NC State tonight..mistake starting Hartle

I think it'll be a double digit run game. Walter needs to pull Hartle when the slide starts, not keep hm in until 3-4 runs come in of walks, HBP, WP, PB, etc

It was a good sign that Walter didn't pull Lowder. I was really thinking he would, given his pattern.

Clemson leads BC 6-2, middle 8th inning at home. If Clemson holds on, they clinch the last berth in the ACCT, and Duke is officially out.

Don't want to jinx him, but Corona has shown great improvement the last 3rd of the schedule and deserves a shout out. Totally an estimate but I don't think he's had an error and his batting average is up 30-40 points....

Last edited:
Don't want to jinx him, but Corona has shown great improvement the last 3rd of the schedule and deserves a shout out. Totally an estimate but I don't think he's had an error and his batting average is up 30-40 points....
He had an error last night, throwing the ball into the dugout and allowing the runner to take second.

Following online did we just sac bunt in the second inning?

Back