• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 WF Baseball - Schedule Released

Only WF could make espns oh no in ncaa regionals with our CF taking a ball on the cheek. Unreal.

According to espnpressroom.com/us/program-schedules/ , the game against LIU will be on ESPNU

Weirdest thing happened to me. I was watching on my phone because TV said "Media Not Available" (blackout, I assume). In the 6th inning it went off on my phone (ESPN+), just the spinning circle. How could they do that? I'm calling ESPN today.

Only WF could make espns oh no in ncaa regionals with our CF taking a ball on the cheek. Unreal.

kinda sucks for bennett, not a great play but the tv angle makes it look like he should have caught the ball but he effed it up and got hit in the face, where it actually bounced high off the wall first (still not particularly well played but not nearly as bad as the clowning he’s getting).

either way, suspect we will see him on the bench in favor of costello (unless we are facing a LHP)

Today, WF just needs to win one straight. Will worry about how many more WF needs to win after today.

we know we need four. to that end, i just picked up tickets for sunday evening, just in case. tickets for maryland games are flying, will be impossible to get outside of secondary market (we won’t know if we are in that game until just before). if we don’t make it, should be easy to sell on stubhub.

also will note: sucks the lose the first one, but ultimately it puts is in not much of a different spot than if we won yesterday but lost to maryland today, given LIU is hopefully a pushover. (might actually not be the worst if we can rest our bullpen).

saw on twitter that hartle is going to pitch. hartle has done well against lesser competition, so hopefully he can go long. but i’m kinda surprised we didn’t save him and mcgraw for tomorrow. although suppose we are somewhat limited in options.

Guessing the plan is to go:

- Sat.: Hartle
- Sun. 1 pm: McGraw
- Sun. 7 pm. Keener
- Monday: Johnny Wholestaff

FWIW, WF would be favored in each of those games (WF is -1050 today), but understand the odds of winning all 4 aren't great.

also will note: sucks the lose the first one, but ultimately it puts is in not much of a different spot than if we won yesterday but lost to maryland today, given LIU is hopefully a pushover. (might actually not be the worst if we can rest our bullpen).

saw on twitter that hartle is going to pitch. hartle has done well against lesser competition, so hopefully he can go long. but i’m kinda surprised we didn’t save him and mcgraw for tomorrow. although suppose we are somewhat limited in options.

If Wake doesn't win today, neither Hartle nor McGraw would be needed to pitch tomorrow. So Wake needs to go with a guy who is more likely to get a win today. Wake went pretty deep into Bullpen yesterday.

If Wake doesn't win today, neither Hartle nor McGraw would be needed to pitch tomorrow. So Wake needs to go with a guy who is more likely to get a win today. Wake went pretty deep into Bullpen yesterday.

bad logic, imo. we need to win four games. winning the next three and losing on monday is no better than losing today. baseball is not a one game at a time sport.

Who was Cecere pointing to yesterday as he rounded 2nd after his tying HR? The center fielder for UCONN?

bad logic, imo. we need to win four games. winning the next three and losing on monday is no better than losing today. baseball is not a one game at a time sport.

LIU will be all out to avoid elimination after being humiliated yesterday. Maryland and UConn should wear each other out tonight.

If all goes well, Hartle gets a short, quick win if Wake bats can do what Maryland did. Wake put a load on the UConn bullpen. Maryland should be in better shape tonight in the pen.

I might be tempted to go with Keener early game Sunday. Opponent will be playing on only 12 or 13 hours rest following the late game Saturday. Then McGraw late on Sunday.

Monday everybody is pitching Who's left. Is Wake's #5 better than Maryland or UConn's #4?

Back