• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 WF Soccer Thread - NCAA Tourney 2nd Round - Hoosiers Visit Spry 5 pm Sunday ESPN+

Big win last night against an NC State I've watched a couple of times now. They are a good side and we put together a really good match. This team might revert back to the mean, or it could be they are just that good.

Big win last night against an NC State I've watched a couple of times now. They are a good side and we put together a really good match. This team might revert back to the mean, or it could be they are just that good.
Here's a glass of red ruddy rhenish to the current level of play being the mean.

Honestly, we've kinda sleepwalked through the past couple of games. Winthrop rolled over and it was 3-0 early, and then State (who should've been more of a challenge) gave up a pen and a red card in quick succession and never looked close to threatening us after that. We never really got out of second gear last night, and we haven't really in a few weeks.

The schedule looks to be kind-ish going forward as well: Fairleigh Dickinson on Tuesday, at VT (who appears to be the worst team in the conference this year) next Friday, then George Mason at home the following Tuesday... and then we go straight to the ninth circle of hell and play at Clemson (and then home against Duke the week after that). We'll find out real quick who we are starting on the 24th.

Fortunately, from my viewpoint, we've got a LOT of talent (and maybe a bit more feistiness) as a group this year.

This Roald Mitchell goal from last night was absolutely nuts.

Undefeated and untied Deacs play at VT tonight: WF at VT Game Notes

Deacs remain just one of six D1 soccer programs with an unblemished record. VT is 0-4-1 (0-1 ACC)

Yep ranked second in the country. Team has a lot of talent but seems to struggle in the final third despite dominating the game in the midfield and buildup. Honestly a lot to love so far though, been a fun team to watch. Let’s take care of business tonight on the road against what seems to be the worst ACC team

Clemson currently struggling.

I’m moderately confident Roald’s ball was over the goalline in our match. It wasn’t a great take by him, but I think it looked good. We’re knocking. Need to put one in.

1-0 final against VaTech. Didn't look very sharp against a bad team. But. A Win

Just keep that X-0-0 record going. Some way, somehow. Just like in NCAA basketball tournament. Survive and advance.

WF soccer tidbits:

• #2 WF is now 7-0-0; Clemson was #1, but they lost at Cuse 2-1 on Friday. Deacs likely #1 when the next poll comes out
  • WF hosts George Mason on Tuesday, and then plays at Clemson on Saturday night (Clemson and WF were #1 and #2 in the last poll)
  • The WF women are also unbeaten at 6-0-2. They travel to NC State tonight at 7pm. The game is televised on ACCN.

Are Wake and Charlotte the only undefeated/untied teams in the country?

Women with a big win v #14 Clemson 4-1. Clemson had shut out its past 3 opponents, I think I heard.

The WF men have a huge game at Clemson on Saturday night. Clemson was the #1 team until they lost at Cuse last week. WF lost 2-1 to Clemson at Spry last year.

Back