• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 WF Soccer Thread - NCAA Tourney 2nd Round - Hoosiers Visit Spry 5 pm Sunday ESPN+

INCREDIBLE free kick from Omar Hernandez. 1-0 to the deacs

so wake is moving from bubble to potential seeding with a semifinal win I would imagine.

#8 seed Clemson leading #1 seed, undefeated Duke with 3:00 to play

if this holds, WF would host Clemson in the semis

Clemson gets a second and knocks off Duke. ACCN announcer says Clemson will host - but that makes no sense. ACC.com shows WF as the host Wednesday night as the better seed.

How good is ACC soccer? Clemson is the #8 seed and just beat undefeated Duke. Clemson is the defending national champ and was #1 earlier this year - until WF beat them 6-1 at Clemson

What a great night with both outcomes. This is a big opportunity at home. Hopefully a great crowd will show up.

The schedule for the Semis and Finals:

Semifinals – Wednesday, Nov. 9
No. 3 Virginia at No. 2 Syracuse | 5 p.m. | ACC Network
No. 8 Clemson at No. 4 Wake Forest | 7 p.m. | ACC Network

Final – WakeMed Soccer Park, Cary, N.C. – Sunday, Nov. 13
Semifinal Winners | Noon | ESPNU

Women's team was selected as an at-large in the NCAA women's soccer tournament. They will play vs a 3 seed South Carolina on 11/12 at 6PM. Good news the game will conflict with Gamecocks football at Florida so attendance will be light I bet.

Regarding the women's game from the above post... this is mind-boggling to me. Is this something that the NCAA scheduled and/or mandated? Not complaining mind you, but seems like a WTF moment for the SC AD... I get that SC is on the road at UF, but still...

Deacs have jumped back in the rankings at #20. WF trounced tonight's ACC Semi opponent, Clemson, 6-1 back in September, but IIRC, Clemson was missing several players for that game. Like WF, Clemson was ranked #1 for part of this season, fell all the way out of the polls, and have now worked their way back in. Clemson is rolling right now, they have won 4 straight by a collective 11-2 margin, including a 2-0 win over previously unbeaten Duke. Big game as tonight's winner likely secures a spot as a first and second round NCAAT host.

Now down 2-0 in the second half. No shots yet for the Deacs. Period. Hard to win if you can’t get a shot off. Brutal

I know, it’s MSU, but this is basically any die-hard Wake fan, me included, with any Wake team.

Regarding the women's game from the above post... this is mind-boggling to me. Is this something that the NCAA scheduled and/or mandated? Not complaining mind you, but seems like a WTF moment for the SC AD... I get that SC is on the road at UF, but still...
Yeah, the schedule is pretty much mandated by the NCAA. You have to play your first round game on either Friday/Saturday/Sunday this weekend, and most teams are playing Friday or Saturday (UNC Women are hosting their first round match at 7pm while the UNC Football team plays 90 minutes away in Winston-Salem at the same time). You are always going to be competing with something this time of year (other NCAA events or basketball games you are hosting, NFL on Sundays, etc...).

I watched a majority of this game and we were just thoroughly dominated from kickoff. Just a terrible performance on a big stage.

Back