• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Money. UK spends more on basketball (both men's and women's) than VT. Also, VT loses a lot of its talent. If Brooks was ever going to go, this was his chance.
Beat me to it. I was guessing > $$, and also UK in the SEC is a higher profile than VT in the ACC. I wonder with our brave new power 4 world if the 1st citizen SEC and B1G will be preying on their 2nd citizen ACC and B-12 and nabbing their coaches more than they used to.

Thats what Ive heard about him

Also, the UK AD has zero balls. He works for Calipari, not the other way around, and Im certain he was reminded of that in their “meeting”

Last edited:
Unreal to me the “patience” exercised by KY. It’s the same failures every year despite more talent, money and resources than everyone else. Not sure the rationale supporting the thought that Cal’s going to figure it out going forward. Love Big Blue throwing up on themselves every season and then having a ton of NBA picks each June.

Wild that anyone could squander that level of talent over a decade and stay employed. Zero evidence that Cal will turn this around and deliver meaningful achievements in the future.

Please let this happen (and I agree with Huggins thoughts about L'ville):

Drop a drunk into a pressure cooker located in the bourbon trail? Make it happen!

Huggins doesn't drink because of pressure. He drinks because he likes to drink. I don't think he would care one bit about the pressure at Louisville. I also don't think they'll hire him because of the racist stuff.

Huggins doesn't drink because of pressure. He drinks because he likes to drink. I don't think he would care one bit about the pressure at Louisville. I also don't think they'll hire him because of the racist stuff.
Seems pretty clear he drinks because he's an alcoholic.

Back