• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

If Kevin Giltner wants to climb the ladder, he's going to have move on from the VT bench. That program is trending in the wrong direction.

I read rumors yesterday that the Ville fans made death threats vs Dusty May and that's why he chose Michigan. Fan bade might be a bit unhinged.

While both haven't made it past the first round, it's still:

Pat Kelsey 4 NCAAT appearances > Wes Miller 2 NCAAT appearances.

And Kelsey has been doing this at Winthrop and Charleston. Wes Miller has been fairly poor to mediocre in Cincinnati since leaving UNC-G.

We maybe could catch Wes or Pat if they get fired. If either gets fired, their next job will be on par with Wake.

That said, as much as I liked those guys in their 30s, getting them in their late 40s or early 50s is not as appetizing. All the greats were hired in their 30s. You can't have a 40 year run if you start at 52.

I read rumors yesterday that the Ville fans made death threats vs Dusty May and that's why he chose Michigan. Fan bade might be a bit unhinged.
You mean the Papa John, Bobby Petrino, Rick Pitino crew might be a little off?

Of course he does. He actually interviewed for the Gardner-Webb job yesterday. The next time he climbs the ladder will be our last chance.
LOL this dipshit thinks we should be competing with Gardner Webb for coaches

let me guess, you threw $50 their way too, so now you're one of their biggest boosters?

Jon Scheyer taking over a blue chip program that was handed to him personally by the departing coach. A very relevant scenario to zero out programs in college basketball. Also learn to spell his name if you’re going to jack him off relentlessly.

LOL this dipshit thinks we should be competing with Gardner Webb for coaches

let me guess, you threw $50 their way too, so now you're one of their biggest boosters?
This is exactly what they said when I suggested Kelsey and Miller in their 20s. I was full of shit. They had no chance. We are too good for that.

Instead we lost and lost and lost and now those two are the head coaches at two of the top 20 programs. We cannot wait on someone to be "qualified." They will never come here then.

Objectively very funny to see the delusional Louisville fan base think they were going to hire Jay Wright, Nate Oats, Bruce Pearl or Scott Drew.

Jon Scheyer taking over a blue chip program that was handed to him personally by the departing coach. A very relevant scenario to zero out programs in college basketball. Also learn to spell his name if you’re going to jack him off relentlessly.
maybe scheyer could beat UNC every once in a while before we anoint him

Objectively very funny to see the delusional Louisville fan base think they were going to hire Jay Wright, Nate Oats, Bruce Pearl or Scott Drew.
seriously. everyone knows those guys are all holding out for the NC State job once keatts is gone

This is exactly what they said when I suggested Kelsey and Miller in their 20s. I was full of shit. They had no chance. We are too good for that.

Instead we lost and lost and lost and now those two are the head coaches at two of the top 20 programs. We cannot wait on someone to be "qualified." They will never come here then.
question: have we ever made a good basketball HC hire in your opinion?

Instead we lost and lost and lost and now those two are the unsuccessful and soon to be fired head coaches at two of the top 20 programs. We cannot wait on someone to be "qualified." They will never come here then.
fixed this for you

Cincy is a top 20 program?

Cincy's rank over the past 5 years:

• 2020: #44
  • 2021: #116
  • 2022: #101
  • 2023 #50
  • 2024: #38
Zero NCAA appearances. FWIW, even when Cincy had it going under Mick Cronin, they finished one season in the last 20+ years ranked in the top 20. During that span (21 seasons), the Bearcats have one appearance in the Sweet 16. Each of the other seasons, either no bid (9 times) or no wins after the first round. Decidely, not a top 20 program. FWIW, if Cincy was a top 20 program, Miller has greatly underperformed.

Back