• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Demon Deacons everywhere getting jobs. Wes Miller at Cincy. Justin Gray at Coastal. Pat Kelsey at Louisville. Joel Justice next.

All they get is hate from their Wake Forest brothers. Someone above posted about Pat Kelsey is already about to be fired at Louisville.

I wish we also had hired Jeff Capel and Wojo. Clearly would have been far better choices those we hired.

Demon Deacons everywhere getting jobs. Wes Miller at Cincy. Justin Gray at Coastal. Pat Kelsey at Louisville. Joel Justice next.

All they get is hate from their Wake Forest brothers. Someone above posted about Pat Kelsey is already about to be fired at Louisville.

I wish we also had hired Jeff Capel and Wojo. Clearly would have been far better choices those we hired.
Guys not coaching in the tournament?

just because they have jobs does not mean that we should automatically covet them. Good on them for getting jobs. I hope they succeed but most of them are going to fail.

Yes, Dave Odom was a great hire. He was 46 years old. Knew the league. And was young, smart and hungry. I couldn't believe we ran him off.

Also Bones McKinney was hired at 38 years old to be the Wake coach.
What about Prosser? He was 50 when we hired him. And he was smart and hungry to succeed at a major conference school.

To be clear -

Wes Miller went to JMU and UNC (not a Demon Deacon despite his family connection)

Who is hating on JGray?

Kelsey coached here for a while but people are cracking jokes at his expense because of you

How in the F is Joel Justus (learn to spell the names of those you are hyping) a Demon Deacon?

And F Capel and Wojo

How in the F is Joel Justus (learn to spell the names of those you are hyping) a Demon Deacon?
His dad was the men's basketball SID for a while, under Odom and Prosser.

It is exactly as far of a stretch as you'd expect to call him a "Demon Deacon." The closest he's come to being on a Wake staff was spending 2004-08 with Ernie Nestor at Elon.

1. Pick random assistant coach in his late 20s
2. Puff him up
3. Act like we're all idiots for not trusting "guy who advertises on billboards for legal services" when it comes to basketball coaches
4. Shitpost
5. Profit, and be sure to offer to compare tax returns

Fuck it. This job's harder than I thought it would be.

Back