• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

drew valentine is the youngest d-1 bball coach and he's 32

Bucky McMillan is the next Brad Stevens!

He’s gonna be a star. Would love to have him at Wake and I think he’d fit well. So much of coaching hires is timing though, and he’s probably gonna get scooped up before we have an opening again.

Anyone else see Larranaga hanging it up after this years crash and burn?

Anyone else see Larranaga hanging it up after this years crash and burn?
Don't think so. Miami just landed their best recruiting class ever (going to a Final 4 helps), including a 5 star Jalil Bethea #7 in the 2024 class. They have a lot of returning players and Larranaga knows nothing else other than coaching basketball. Unless he has a health issue, he will be back and Miami should be good in 2025.

He’s gonna be a star. Would love to have him at Wake and I think he’d fit well. So much of coaching hires is timing though, and he’s probably gonna get scooped up before we have an opening again.
I think it is possible we have an opening at the end of next season.

Feel like former Wake assistant Mark Pope at BYU is due to get a major job

Pope is LDS and he's been in Utah since 2011. His wife is the daughter of a former Utah head coach. He's probably fine at BYU unless perhaps the Utah job opens up.

Kelsey to Vanderbilt? Or Bucky?

Seems like an absolute dead end job. Yeah it’s P5 and would be big money but it’s so hard to win there. Could be a career killer for a younger up and comer.

St John's blowing out Seton Hall. Pitino looking like the maitre 'd at a bad Italian restaurant

Seems like an absolute dead end job. Yeah it’s P5 and would be big money but it’s so hard to win there. Could be a career killer for a younger up and comer.
Fogler did well there, but that's about it. Stallings had some good teams, but I wouldn't say he did well.

"Candice Storey Lee has been reappointed as Vanderbilt University’s vice chancellor for athletics and university affairs and athletic director, Chancellor Daniel Diermeier announced today. The reappointment is for a five-year term beginning July 1, 2023." She played women's hoop at Vandy.

Back