• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

SMU fires their head coach after 2 seasons. Went 20-12 this year and lost 1st round of the NIT. Brutal. I'd bet they try and poach a sitting p6 coach. Chris Jans?

With this ACC invite, SMU is not messing around. Sounds like they are spending whatever it takes in every area to get as good as possible really fast.

According to Kentucky Sports Report Morehead's Preston Spradlin is moving on to a higher profile job but they don't know where

I assume that Mark Byington will get some looks at new jobs

• 47 years old
  • Played at UNC Wilmington
  • Assistant under Cremins at Charleston & Gillen at UVA
  • Coached 7 seasons at Georgia Southern - last 3 years were 20+ wins; their best stretch of basketball as far back as kenpom will go
  • Has JMU cooking this season at 31-3, including a win @ Michigan State

I love Chris Jans. Wanted him when we hired Forbes (who I love)

Pretty funny if Cal is on the market when state seemed destined to have an opening before the ACCT.

Kentucky fans will be looking for Cal’s head after this loss.

I assume that Mark Byington will get some looks at new jobs

• 47 years old
  • Played at UNC Wilmington
  • Assistant under Cremins at Charleston & Gillen at UVA
  • Coached 7 seasons at Georgia Southern - last 3 years were 20+ wins; their best stretch of basketball as far back as kenpom will go
  • Has JMU cooking this season at 31-3, including a win @ Michigan State

Should i just be the search committee?

Is Mark Byington related to Lisa Byington who is doing play-by-play for Grand Canyon-St. Mary's right now?

I’d trade Forbes for Cal in a heartbeat.
Then you're a moron and should stop opining on the WF coaching position.

If Cal's shit didn't work at Kentucky, it really wouldn't work at Wake. What do you think Cal would do at Wake, come in and find a bunch of guys who want to be at a small school and develop them?

If Cal's shit didn't work at Kentucky, it really wouldn't work at Wake. What do you think Cal would do at Wake, come in and find a bunch of guys who want to be at a small school and develop them?

Could used car salesman Cal even get his usually targeted recruits into Wake??

It didn’t work? He’s making the tourney as a high seed basically every year and is a national champion. Yep. Complete failure.

Back