• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

I've thought Beard from the start. And Kentucky would be very good, very quickly.

You really don't think Billy D could get another pro job? Seems like fired NBA coaches get rehired elsewhere all the time

I could also see a Buzz Williams. he rebuilds teams wherever he goes and gets them to the NCAAs

Donovan's NBA path might require a stint either in broadcasting or as an AHC/consultant, but he would probably get a new job in 2-3 years.

Billy the Kid is about to be 59 years old.

Not saying that's old. Just saying he's older than I thought. Only 12 years younger than Pitino.

I could also see a Buzz Williams. he rebuilds teams wherever he goes and gets them to the NCAAs
Buzz players play so hard for him. They will run through a wall they are so fearless and physical. If he had the UK brand to help him recruit, he would do well. Maybe not championship well, but it would not be a Billy Gillespie type failure

Donovan's NBA path might require a stint either in broadcasting or as an AHC/consultant, but he would probably get a new job in 2-3 years.
maybe, but other than his first year when OKC blew the 3-1 lead to the Warriors, he's never advanced past the first round of the playoffs

not sure who gets excited for him in a couple years should the bulls let him go

maybe, but other than his first year when OKC blew the 3-1 lead to the Warriors, he's never advanced past the first round of the playoffs

not sure who gets excited for him in a couple years should the bulls let him go
Hornets, Wiz, maybe the Kings, the Blazers- the teams that don't have any idea what they are doing.

Your next coach of the Kentucky Wildcats, Phil Jackson

Not surprised. Hes got a good thing going, and it sounded like his wife didnt want to leave the NE. I still say it will be Bruce

Kentucky politicians have to be happy that all those wives want absolutely nothing to do with living in their shithole state.

Back