• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Presidential Primaries and Election

superbowl for rhetoricians so hard for me to skip unfortunately

I'm not sure I get the point of doing that from Biden's perspective. Seems really unlikely that he would be able to gain anything from debating Trump. Slamming him on the legal troubles isn't going to work, so hopefully that's not the plan.

I'm not sure I get the point of doing that from Biden's perspective. Seems really unlikely that he would be able to gain anything from debating Trump. Slamming him on the legal troubles isn't going to work, so hopefully that's not the plan.
But he loses a ton by not debating him, right? I mean, how does that narrative play?

But he loses a ton by not debating him, right? I mean, how does that narrative play?
I guess? I think most reasonable people can look at the situation and understand why Biden doesn't want to debate a loud pathological liar, but maybe my perspective on that is wrong.

However, if Biden goes up there and proudly champions what Israel has been doing, I bet he loses way more than if he just didn't do this at all.

Why the fuck are they doing June? They announced another for Sept 10 which is closer and at the start(?) or before early voting. But most people have their minds made up already so for the small percentage of people you’re trying to convince, who are clearly very dumb, how does June help anything?

It's very high risk low reward, I think. If he does fucking amazing and obliterates Trump with facts and knowledge and quick wit. The people already planning to vote for him will be reassured and the people not planning to vote for him will blame the liberal media and claim the debate was rigged. If he fucks up even one phrase or confuses the name of one international leader, the media will play and replay that clip ad nauseum and some of the people planning to vote for him will question his abilities and the people not planning to vote for him will probably burn White House down after smearing shit on the wall and stealing a laptop or two, or something like that.

This is a “lesser evil” election for some people. So standing on stage to confront Trump and his truly evil Project 2025 plans is a good move.

Trump will probably come up with some excuse to not debate. Or he might have a legitimate one. I don’t think Trump intends to do it.

Trump will probably come up with some excuse to not debate. Or he might have a legitimate one. I don’t think Trump intends to do it.
I think his people earnestly believe Biden is too feeble to debate and will back out.

Back