• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Presidential Primaries and Election

Good post. I've been impressed by Congressional Democrats' ability to focus on Republicans in public (even the worrying) and hash out policy differences behind closed doors.

Every poll that comes out looks worse for Biden. Is there any indication that he's even considering stepping away? What's the latest that he could reasonably make that decision?
A month ago. Maybe two months ago.

So is Haley emerging as the lead Trump alternative? Does she have any chance? I think she could get good support from rich donors and the business crowd but I don’t think trailer park rubes are voting for an Indian chick.

Second q: what are the odds that Trump and Biden both make it to Election Day without physical ailment? If one is elected what are the chances they see out the presidency? I guess I’m asking who is going to be the president in 2028.

1. Depends. If Trump graciously bows out and asks his supporters to back Haley, sure, she has a chance. Does that have a chance? No.

2. Pretty good. They’re both decently healthy.

So is Haley emerging as the lead Trump alternative? Does she have any chance? I think she could get good support from rich donors and the business crowd but I don’t think trailer park rubes are voting for an Indian chick.

Second q: what are the odds that Trump and Biden both make it to Election Day without physical ailment? If one is elected what are the chances they see out the presidency? I guess I’m asking who is going to be the president in 2028.

no

SNL had a pretty weak sketch mocking the 'debate' this week with that spot on trump guy pretty much destroying/explained why all the candidates suck balls and have no chance

Last edited:
As has been said before, democracy dies in darkness. How much factual news is consumed by the republican party again?

Seems like the only fact guiding Republicans nowadays is that Biden is old.

Which is kind of funny because it’s not as though Biden hasn’t passed legislation. It’s just been solid and Pubs haven’t even been able to make up how it’s actually bad.

But Dems haven’t been able to tell anybody how good it is. One good take I recently heard is that the lack of Republican policy backlash hurts Biden in that fewer people know about the policies. Republicans devoted so much attention to Obamacare that people knew it and liked it more as they learned more about it. Which is what Pelosi said would happen.

Which is kind of funny because it’s not as though Biden hasn’t passed legislation. It’s just been solid and Pubs haven’t even been able to make up how it’s actually bad.
Normally incremental steps are seen fairly positively.

Your party of living in the past that "does not like change much..." is sprinting backwards.

But Dems haven’t been able to tell anybody how good it is. One good take I recently heard is that the lack of Republican policy backlash hurts Biden in that fewer people know about the policies. Republicans devoted so much attention to Obamacare that people knew it and liked it more as they learned more about it. Which is what Pelosi said would happen.

Because they think portraying Biden as both feeble and some criminal mastermind and radical leftist is a better play.

I do get a kick out of getting a rise of you Biden folks. Such easy marks.
Just don't blame everyone else if you get a repeat of 2016 because you insist in putting a senile, feeble old man up as your Candidate.

Just don't blame everyone else if you get a repeat of 2016 because you insist in putting a senile, feeble old man up as your Candidate.
the alternative you suggest has always shown to be a massive failure.

and a feeble old man cannot ride a bicycle.

Yet you'll happily vote for a con man and person who committed treason. But sure. Tell me more about being an easy mark

This is the result of being an old dumb fuck. We aren’t doing anything, in 11 months there will be two realistic people with a shot of being president, Trump and Biden. With a bunch of nobody wasted vote candidates. At that point all of your pontificating means jack shit you either vote for Biden or yes everyone can complain it is your fault.

Both positions are fucking stupid, imo, Lou. I see you and Pop as two sides of the same do nothing coin.

If people who considered themselves to be mainstream Democrats or who felt invested in the party had an ounce of gumption or simply wanted to improve the political institution to which they affix their social identities, then they would simply transform the institutional wing of the party to avoid repeating 2000 and 2016.

Instead, y’all sit around doing nothing, tell progressives to sit down and shut up, and then punch left when things go predictably badly.

Rinse. Repeat.

Back