• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Presidential Primaries and Election

The Newsom-Desantis kind of seems like a lose-lose for everybody. Desantis' supporters aren't going to suddenly be like "point well made Gavin kudos to you sir!" and I don't see a world in which Desantis does anything other than toss out soundbytes and look mad uncomfortable while Newsom is quoting data to him.

The Newsom-Desantis kind of seems like a lose-lose for everybody. Desantis' supporters aren't going to suddenly be like "point well made Gavin kudos to you sir!" and I don't see a world in which Desantis does anything other than toss out soundbytes and look mad uncomfortable while Newsom is quoting data to him.
Newsom isn't doing it to impress Republican voters. He's doing it to impress Democrat voters.

Completely disagree. I think it’s much more likely a win-win. Coming from CA, Newsom doesn’t have much of a record of taking on Republicans in elections or the legislature like other Dem governors have. Here Newsom gets to dunk on a Republican everyone from the far left to center-left really hates. It sets him up as the second most well-known 2028 contender behind Kamala.

After months of unsuccessfully going after Trump, Haley, and the rest of the field, DeSantis gets to spar with a lesser known Dem instead of taking the same shots at Biden everyone else does.

It’s a unique opportunity for both to stand out and better their situation.

DeSantis is going to straight make shit up.

Newsom isn't doing it to impress Republican voters. He's doing it to impress Democrat voters.

Seems unlikely he’ll accomplish this…?

Edit: Nevermind…I misread as DeSantis. Sure, Newsome could gain some visibility and support.

Because for normal people there’s usually a price to be paid.

For Republicans, it now sadly essential to spout the preferred nonsense.

Especially live on Fox News with Sean Hannity moderating.

??

the recall election was very high profile

One recall election = not much of a record.

Juice, do you think one recall election is comparable to Beshear or Whitmer’s records of running against Republicans?

One recall election = not much of a record.

Juice, do you think one recall election is comparable to Beshear or Whitmer’s records of running against Republicans?
of course not

but i also think a recall election is a much bigger set of data than a debate

It's not going to solve anything immediately, but any opportunity to inject reality into the fox news bubble should be taken, and Newsome is an extremely effective communicator. He would be high on my list of presidential nominees.

Back