• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Presidential Primaries and Election

If and when both of those geriatrics are on the ballot, it will only be because we chose them. They did not hold the nation at gunpoint. The Democratic Party has plenty of options. We’re choosing Biden.

Guys, Biden is both disturbingly old for the job he’s asking us to vote him back into and also the best chance of beating Trump

Y’all went to Wake

Two things can be true at the same time
Hey we agree!

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

Short of Biden stepping down and Kamala being named the replacement, I don't see any way at this point in the election process that Democrats find another candidate without causing a major fraction in the party. If you start a primary now you likely end up with two sides (centrists and progressives) shitting on one anothers views and candidates for 4 months which I think would cause far less turnout than Biden's "issues". Doesn't mean Biden is the best option - but I don't see a solution that doesn't put the Presidency in much more jeopardy.

I have not read the report but are these supposed memory lapses actually that or Biden just saying he cannot recall as a non incriminating kinda thing?

Guys, Biden is both disturbingly old for the job he’s asking us to vote him back into and also the best chance of beating Trump

Y’all went to Wake

Two things can be true at the same time
Is the second part really true? Based solely on polling we’re supposed to disregard?

Is the second part really true? Based solely on polling we’re supposed to disregard?
Apparently the threat of independents and young voters is not to be taken seriously despite polling data, but the everpresent threat of moderates…switching parties(?) if they don’t get their way is to be taken very seriously. It’s interesting how that works.

Can someone post links to some of the terrifying polling?

Not doubting that it exists, I'd just like to see what you all are seeing

I would really like to hear someone explain the electoral scenario where Biden is replaced on the ticket with Pete or Kamala, and voters don’t support that candidate. What voters? What would they do instead?

How come? Make an actual argument instead of posts like this.

Reminder: everybody here outside Pop is voting for Biden

How come? Because Feinstein was almost 10 years older than Biden and in much worse shape.

I would really like to hear someone explain the electoral scenario where Biden is replaced on the ticket with Pete or Kamala, and voters don’t support that candidate. What voters? What would they do instead?
When is this theoretical replacement happening? I think the outcome is pretty different if it happens tomorrow, 8 months ago, or 4 months from now

I’ll admit, maybe it’s a complete lack of perspective, but I have difficulty imagining the voting bloc who is only going to Biden or else they flip to Trump or stay home. Who are these voters?

I don’t think the polling is especially reliable in this election. The last few elections have broken traditional polling methods imo

Valid, but it definitely has seemed to err in the other direction up to this point.

How come? Because Feinstein was almost 10 years older than Biden and in much worse shape.

Okay they’re both old af and should have been chillin with great grandkids instead of holding enormously consequential jobs at their age range?

When is this theoretical replacement happening? I think the outcome is pretty different if it happens tomorrow, 8 months ago, or 4 months from now
Do you believe the general election turnout numbers would change significantly if the candidate changed now or a few months from now?

You’ve spent years posting about the risk of non-voters if Biden is the nominee but you’re not worried about non-voters if Biden is replaced?

Valid, but it definitely has seemed to err in the other direction up to this point.

I’m pretty bullish on turnout deciding this election. Dems aren’t gonna vote for Trump or third party in states that matter

The key is to turn them out

Republican turnout is gonna be low no matter what

You’ve spent years posting about the risk of non-voters if Biden is the nominee but you’re not worried about non-voters if Biden is replaced?
Why doesn't this make sense? What motivates a Biden vote at this point other than the fact that he's not Trump?

Up until 2016 maybe. But since then Democrats have generally outperformed polls. Seems like pollsters are flailing for solutions to longstanding problems.

Back