• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

Their dudes were also throwing 75-85 mph. One dude hit 89 once and it about went to the backstop. Just wonder if this was the issue with the hitting tonight.

Morningstar was sitting at 94-96 with a 84 hook. He threw it 5 straight times to get out of the 8th when he lost control of the fastball.

Good lord their catcher sucked. Dude couldn't throw it in the ocean from the shore. Miracle he got it back to the pitcher half the time.

Didn't realize the game today is the same time as the basketball game. Going to have to go with dual screens. Very excited for the Chase Burns debut in a Wake jersey. If what he said in one of his preseason interviews about increasing rise and velocity on his fastball is true he's going to be unhittable this year.

anyone needing tickets to today or tomorrow please let me know. I can text them to you. Can we donate them to any kids living near the Couch?

I didn't realize that Illinois & Akron played a full double header yesterday.

Today should be tough sledding for the Illini. They used 8 pitchers over 20 innings yesterday.

That’s a whole lot of arms unavailable to start the season.
Yeah, that was my thought last night too.

Additionally: Chase Burns should be on a similar pitch count as Hartle was, so you'll see him around 85ish today. The goal there would be 6 innings. Michael Massey is on a different schedule, though, and only going to give them about 50 pitches tomorrow. The pitching past Hartle/Burns very much sounds like a work in progress.

These comments are insane. Why do we live rent free in their heads?

Yeah, that was my thought last night too.

Additionally: Chase Burns should be on a similar pitch count as Hartle was, so you'll see him around 85ish today. The goal there would be 6 innings. Michael Massey is on a different schedule, though, and only going to give them about 50 pitches tomorrow. The pitching past Hartle/Burns very much sounds like a work in progress.
Folks who know way more than me, and what would we realistically expect to stretch Mike out to later in the season?

Hmmmm that seems weird but ok
Sounded weird to me, too, fwiw.

After last year's Teddy McGraw situation, think I'm kind of conditioned to think it's just good news that he's pitching this weekend.

Back