• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

burns fastball doesn’t look like it has nearly the same ride as it usually does. sullivan had a few outings like that last year too

Burns was destined to have an off game…he has been another level until tonight. We would be in even worse shape without Burns…the guys really need to pick him up tonight. Especially against these fuckers.

Different mentality for a Friday start. Baseball has a huge mental component. I think some of that is what’s up with Hartle. Let’s not forget that with this level of talent Burns still really struggled at times last year. Hopefully he settles into this role as the ace.

Kurtz is the one I don't understand. How can a guy drop off this much? You don't just forget how to play baseball, but it almost seems like he has. Most hyped returning players we've ever had, right?
Part of it is he’s just not simply getting pitched to which is frustrating to deal with as a hitter

Part of it is he’s just not simply getting pitched to which is frustrating to deal with as a hitter
King is good but, as I’ve said before, you are going to get more pitches with the ACC HR leader behind you.

maybe, but he’s been appropriately patient and getting on base which is good.

he hasn’t been great in situations where he’s been pitched to — but also i feel like he’s hit more 450 bombs ten feet to the right of the foul pole.

I still think the move of Burns to Friday is a good move. Counterfactual: we are losing by 8 by keeping Hartle at Friday.
Burns will settle in to his Friday role.

I still think the move of Burns to Friday is a good move. Counterfactual: we are losing by 8 by keeping Hartle at Friday.
Burns will settle in to his Friday role.

Probably fewer bombs with Hartle. Power bat on a power fastball is gone.

Back