• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

Hot take but tell me the difference between Wake baseball and State hoops. Years of mediocrity / woulda, coulda, shoulda, one breakout run where it all comes together, coach gets extended everyone gets paid and then settle right back into meh for years to come. If you think State is going to be anything other than a fringe bubble team next year you’re hitting too many whippets.

Hot take but tell me the difference between Wake baseball and State hoops. Years of mediocrity / woulda, coulda, shoulda, one breakout run where it all comes together, coach gets extended everyone gets paid and then settle right back into meh for years to come. If you think State is going to be anything other than a fringe bubble team next year you’re hitting too many whippets.
Not exactly the same. This team fooled everyone. Every single outlet in the country had this team as #1 overall. We were also #1 overall last year. State was still an 11 seed and will not be ranked going into next season unless they get a bunch of transfers. Also, State actually won a trophy this year. We didn’t win shit last year.

That undersells what a big fucking deal the Chase Burns commitment was.

Not a hot take. Walter has showed who he is over the course of his long tenure. The squad we had last year was stupid loaded.

Tellier has been a great pickup, but hoo boy has he watched some change ups float right down the middle this series.

Not exactly the same. This team fooled everyone. Every single outlet in the country had this team as #1 overall. We were also #1 overall last year. State was still an 11 seed and will not be ranked going into next season unless they get a bunch of transfers. Also, State actually won a trophy this year. We didn’t win shit last year.
Agree not exactly the same - but prepare yourself for 5 more years of Walter and 5 more years of meh.

This sports season has just been endless misery with enough teases just to make the misery worse

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk
It so weird all those years of Wake teams showing up in the clutch have me completely unprepared for this year. It’s like a movie I’ve never seen before…

This sports season has just been endless misery with enough teases just to make the misery worse

One of the worst stretches I can remember. Not solely In terms of wins and losses, but essentially how you described it. Everything has been painful since that cam Minacci meatball to Tommy white in Omaha.

This is totally setting up for a 2 on / 2 out 3rd strike looking in the 9th down a run

Back