• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

bullpen was very good tonight. Morningstar, Ray, and Roland were excellent.

johnston hasn’t been bad and i think is a decent option, but hoping wade can eventually take his spot in the pecking order as our top lefty

johnston hasn’t been bad and i think is a decent option, but hoping wade can eventually take his spot in the pecking order as our top lefty
I really like Johnston. He's a solid option. The benefit of those miserable innings with freshmen relievers earlier was you have some experience for the second half.

I would think/hope we can bring in a couple starters in the portal. Brought in Sully and Massey last year.
But Massey didn’t start last year….So maybe we bring in 1 starter next year via the portal. More than that and why wouldn’t some of our current guys walk?

But Massey didn’t start last year….So maybe we bring in 1 starter next year via the portal. More than that and why wouldn’t some of our current guys walk?
Who knows. Depends on what was promised. Seems like Walter (at least in public) is pretty transparent about making guys compete for spots. We brought in King with the expectation that he likely wouldn't be SS. We obviously didn't promise Burns Friday.

I really like Johnston. He's a solid option. The benefit of those miserable innings with freshmen relievers earlier was you have some experience for the second half.

johnston is a soph but overall agree. he has some really good stuff but his command is still shaky. i love how crawford wade just pounds the strike zone.

we also have cole zaffiro committed from penn.

but suspect at the very least, our friday guy for next year will be a new transfer
I have to think that with our track record and seeming availability of NIL money (Burns surely didn't come cheap) that we should be in the mix for some aces in the portal.

johnston is a soph but overall agree. he has some really good stuff but his command is still shaky. i love how crawford wade just pounds the strike zone.
One of these days he will get a game with an ump with a wider zone and look like Nolan Ryan.

Back