• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

There's a new Baseball America # 1; there are only two non-ACC or SEC teams in the top 14 (#8 Oregon State and #10 ECU): VT's stay in the top 25 was brief:

Wake's remaining ACC series are #6 Clemson, #8 FSU, at NCSU, at ND. I think if Wake manages to win one of the FSU/Clemson series, avoids a sweep in the other, and wins 5/6 games against NCSU/ND, Wake should pretty firmly be a regional host.

I still think it's reasonable for Wake to play its way into being a super-regional host, but that would probably require winning all 4 ACC series that are left.

12388933.jpeg

Remaining WF series:

• April 19-21 FSU
  • April 26-28 @ND
  • May 10-12 Clemson
  • May 16-18 @NC State
ACCT May 21-26 in CLT

Wake's remaining ACC series are #6 Clemson, #8 FSU, at NCSU, at ND. I think if Wake manages to win one of the FSU/Clemson series, avoids a sweep in the other, and wins 5/6 games against NCSU/ND, Wake should pretty firmly be a regional host.

I still think it's reasonable for Wake to play its way into being a super-regional host, but that would probably require winning all 4 ACC series that are left.
Agree. This weekend feels huge.

WF lost each of the previous 3 series against currently ranked ACC teams (Duke, UVA, UNC). Deacs need to win this one against Clemson.

Kurtz is currently tied for 7th nationally for HRs at 16. Second place is only 4 ahead of him. Condon will be tough to catch, but certainly on pace.

Kurtz is currently tied for 7th nationally for HRs at 16. Second place is only 4 ahead of him. Condon will be tough to catch, but certainly on pace.
he's also 16 HR behind Wilken for the program record, with 21 games to play in the regular season

UNCW is pretty good (23-10; 10-2); they lead their conference. They have wins over Coastal and NC State (they also lost to UNC and BC). They lost ECU in extra innings.

Back