• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

Programming note for the rest of the season. Now I join y'all as fans.

Thanks for the coverage you've given. What are your plans post-graduation, if you don't mind sharing?

Regardless, I know everyone on here wishes you the best and hope you find success in whatever you do. You've been a great journalist and student liaison and we all appreciate your contributions.

You can't just drop a casual "I got booted by security from a neutral site midweek college baseball game" and not give more details. @mods please ban rutmanchoo if he does not comply with the mandate for further details. Ty

I get that it's objectively what happened, but that sentence is fucking hysterical and has me dying.

Because he has no self-control and misaligned priorities, he is counting on coach Walters for his happiness. I believe the term is "letting the liquor talk" In his defense the over managing yesterday was baffling and besides Kurtz, Rutman was the only thing entertaining at the game, the first three pitchers could have won the game for Wake yesterday. This late in the season just win the game. The fourth or 5th kid pitching for Wake yesterday was throwing BP. Wake doesn't have enough pitching or hitting to make a deep run this year. Not a criticism just a fact. Walters can do what he wants he's the coach.
You can't just drop a casual "I got booted by security from a neutral site midweek college baseball game" and not give more details. @mods please ban rutmanchoo if he does not comply with the mandate for further details. Ty
Because I dont want to see Rutman banned from the boards or Wake in general, he may or may not have had some adult beverages and in the 8th inning decided that he was not pleased with the coaching decisions being made through the game. I suggested that it would not be productive use of his time, to which he said " Im doing it anyways!" Son in toe he proceeds to get very close to Wake dugout and share his frustrations well within ear shot of dugout. Some other patrons offered counter points to Rutmans ruminations. Rutman was not to be deterred. Security helped him finish his deep thoughts outside the stadium. The message probably had some solid points. The method of delivery was probably not in line with proper decorum. But if you can't blow off a little steam at a ball game where can you. He wasn't threatening anyone and he could easily have his ass kicked by anyone over 12. The Dude bleeds gold and black, just imagine Shooter from Hoosiers.

man I wish I had made it to the 9th inning. There was just a skeleton crew working the game last night and I would've loved to see all three ushers that were covering the whole stadium come and drag rutmanchoo out

But if you can't blow off a little steam at a ball game where can you.

This reminds me of American Legend ball. Once heard it explained "Those guys get yelled at all day at work, all evening at home, and they are here to get drunk and yell at somebody else."

I get pretty buzzed up at all Wake sporting events. I think it started as a coping mechanism.

Yet Rutman Is harmless and great entertainment he will be at many more Wake games and be the first one to hug Walters win they win the title, Wake needs to do better for Rutmann.

Wake needs to win and not worry about getting work for the bull pen. We need to build a resume in order to host a regional and a super regional. Let's be practical.

I'll be visiting my Wake roommate in Wilmington, NC this weekend. Therefore, I have some FSU tix available

Because he has no self-control and misaligned priorities, he is counting on coach Walters for his happiness. I believe the term is "letting the liquor talk" In his defense the over managing yesterday was baffling and besides Kurtz, Rutman was the only thing entertaining at the game, the first three pitchers could have won the game for Wake yesterday. This late in the season just win the game. The fourth or 5th kid pitching for Wake yesterday was throwing BP. Wake doesn't have enough pitching or hitting to make a deep run this year. Not a criticism just a fact. Walters can do what he wants he's the coach.

Because I dont want to see Rutman banned from the boards or Wake in general, he may or may not have had some adult beverages and in the 8th inning decided that he was not pleased with the coaching decisions being made through the game. I suggested that it would not be productive use of his time, to which he said " Im doing it anyways!" Son in toe he proceeds to get very close to Wake dugout and share his frustrations well within ear shot of dugout. Some other patrons offered counter points to Rutmans ruminations. Rutman was not to be deterred. Security helped him finish his deep thoughts outside the stadium. The message probably had some solid points. The method of delivery was probably not in line with proper decorum. But if you can't blow off a little steam at a ball game where can you. He wasn't threatening anyone and he could easily have his ass kicked by anyone over 12. The Dude bleeds gold and black, just imagine Shooter from Hoosiers.
Goolsby! Great stuff. Don't be a stranger!

Back