• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

It’s amazing how bad our guys are at pitching when they are behind in the count, which for Massey is often

It’s amazing how bad our guys are at pitching when they are behind in the count, which for Massey is often
Seems like not getting a borderline call, and then throwing a meatball is automatic. Even Chase is guilty of that.

massey is working fast this inning.

i haven’t noticed until just now, but i felt our guys worked super fast last year. this year we have done a lot of trying to manipulate the pitch clock and make hitters uncomfortable.

not sure if there’s anything to it (maybe it was just guys like lowder and keener who liked working fast)

Seems like not getting a borderline call, and then throwing a meatball is automatic. Even Chase is guilty of that.

my assessment is actually the opposite. in hitters counts we love using secondary pitches, more than any other team i’ve seen. it helps with strikeouts but also means more walks and hbp than usual.

ive noticed we have mostly sucked in two strike counts, especially hartle and massey. the number of two strike home runs we’ve given up seems crazy high.

Kinda think that it’s time to move Massey back to the bullpen.

This isn’t working

Kinda think that it’s time to move Massey back to the bullpen.

This isn’t working
If he can only throw 50-60 pitches then I agree. If there is something not right with him, and that is only speculation, they are doing him a disservice trotting him out there each Sunday to look meh. Like Hartle, he had lofty draft aspirations coming into this season. Not sure where either would be on a draft board.

The main issue with Massey is he only goes 3-4 innings but throws 60 pitches
eta: a middle inning reliever may be a better spot for him

I suggested that a month or two ago and the reaction was hilarious. But he can’t go more than a few innings.
Well two months ago it was a very fair assumption that as he regained form from his injury he would last longer into games.

Frankly I have no idea why that hasn’t happened

masseys longevity is not his issue, he’s getting pulled because of poor pitching not fatigue and his stuff looks as good as ever.

Yeah my suggestion to use Massey as a long reliever was laughed at. If we can only get 2-4 innings out of him, use him when we're looking to close out a series on Saturday if hartle got 6 innings in.

Sundays already are bullpen games at this point, might as well make when we can use Massey flexible. Now we're just pigeonholed into Sunday.

Back