• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

Nice work to pull back those two bunt attempts back. Let the runners work a bit, then draw the errant throw by the catcher. Patience paid off big time.

I imagine that Falco has the reputation of being ready no matter the situation, sort of a rubber arm. I think he did some of that at Maryland so that was part of the thinking today.

Roles were defined at this point last year. This year I think roles are still a work in progress. That goes for pitching and hitting.

Injuries to experienced guys in the pen?

pitching a guy in two games on the same day just doesn’t seem like a thing that people do anymore. even sorenson, who is pretty old school, seemed shocked and speculated falco might be in for a single batter.

Last edited:
I imagine that Falco has the reputation of being ready no matter the situation, sort of a rubber arm. I think he did some of that at Maryland so that was part of the thinking today.

he looked sub-optimal in week 1 (vs Illinois) and was throwing straight smoke in game 1 today.

In case y'all don't know, we do a ton of weird shit and we're #1.

ETA: we pull starters on pitch counts and have them throw simulated innings in the bullpen. I've literally never seen that.

We could also do it behind closed doors. But, we don't. For whatever reason.

Again. #1.

pitching a guy in two games on the same day just doesn’t seem like a thing that people do anymore. even sorenson, who is pretty old school, seemed shocked and speculated falco might be in for a single batter.
Pitching twice in the same day isn’t that bad, especially if you’re only throwing an inning each time.

Don't forget our best closer, last year, Cole Roland, is still out with an arm injury...

Still have 2 free tickets for today. Section 6. PM with cell and first to reply can have them.

Pitching twice in the same day isn’t that bad, especially if you’re only throwing an inning each time.
I can’t remember last time I saw it high school or college. The warm up and cooldown back to back seems like a lot. Just surprised. Obviously they thought Falco was up to it but can’t mean good things about the state of our pen coming into conference play.

I can’t remember last time I saw it high school or college. The warm up and cooldown back to back seems like a lot. Just surprised. Obviously they thought Falco was up to it but can’t mean good things about the state of our pen coming into conference play.
I’ve seen it a lot in HS travel ball

I’m pretty sure a couple of guys are supposed to be ready to go next week, though that’s Walter saying that, so take it for what it’s worth.

I looked back at Falco at Maryland. He never threw twice in the same day but he did throw multiple innings in 2 games during a weekend. The rubber arm deal still stands. Yesterday may have been an experiment to see how he does. Now is the time to do that stuff.

Ray, Shenosky and Gunther seem to be carving valuable roles out of the bullpen. I imagine we will see Gervase and Koshy today. Those 2 guys are fighting to get in there as well.

Wade, Ariola and Roland will appear when ready and the bullpen depth will be pretty good.

Back