• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

hawke got so much hype for his fielding in the offseason, hard to believe. (he had a bunch of errors in the summer, too)
I have wondered in the last few days if we now might see an infield lineup with King at 2nd when Marek comes back and one of the freshmen in CF. Does seem like a big drop in the middle infield from JJ last year.

I have wondered in the last few days if we now might see an infield lineup with King at 2nd when Marek comes back and one of the freshmen in CF. Does seem like a big drop in the middle infield from JJ last year.
Can Hawke play OF? I feel like that was a position people talked about him playing over the summer. If so, King at 2nd, with Hawke in RF, Williams in CF, and Rhino at DH could work.

The biggest change last year from previous years was how well we did in midweek games. It showed our depth and why we could make a run. I know it’s baseball and I know it’s early but I’m not convinced we will even end up as a regional host this year.

The biggest change last year from previous years was how well we did in midweek games. It showed our depth and why we could make a run. I know it’s baseball and I know it’s early but I’m not convinced we will even end up as a regional host this year.
We lost this midweek game last year

Negative much?

Agree except we were generationally good at pitching last year. Weekend starters are midweek and relief. We outlasted teams on the weekend and overwhelmed midweek teams with pitching. College teams lose games by BBs HPs and WPs. We didn’t do that last year. Our starters went deep and our relief closed games out. We were generationally good with arms last year.

or that we went undefeated in conference series last year.

Agree except we were generationally good at pitching last year. Weekend starters are midweek and relief. We outlasted teams on the weekend and overwhelmed midweek teams with pitching. College teams lose games by BBs HPs and WPs. We didn’t do that last year. Our starters went deep and our relief closed games out. We were generationally good with arms last year.
Agreed, which is why I hated all the hype coming in this year. People saying we'd be better this year weren't paying attention to who we lost.

Didn’t lose the series before tho. However point taken.

These teams are very good. That’s not lost. Just wondering where our strengths are. Haven’t seen it yet.

Last weekend sucked but I still think the weekend rotation will carry the load. I can see Wake winning and hosting the regional but playing somewhere like Conway for the supers.

Back