• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

He had great placement with his pitches. I hope it keeps up. It was fun watching Burns and the Illinois pitcher dominating thru 3 innings.

What’s a DMCA claim?
Digital millennium copyright act. Don’t really know how Catapult fits in, but a D1baseball guy who posted clips he recorded at the field (as opposed to the ACCNX broadcast like Pitching Ninja) had his flagged by Raycom.

Saw a bunch of dogs at UNCG's park last year, so we're taking our dachshund to the game on Tuesday.

Y'all feel free to come catch the game with us.

Saw a bunch of dogs at UNCG's park last year, so we're taking our dachshund to the game on Tuesday.

Y'all feel free to come catch the game with us.
I'm thinking about just parking on the top level of the parking deck in right field and try to catch a nuke from Nick.

WF’s Tuesday opponent, UNCG, swept Fairfield this past weekend, but the first two games were one run games (one was extra innings). UNCG gave up lots of runs.

Really good to see Tellier and Hawke hit the ground running. Probably a "down" weekend for Kurtz and King based on what I expect throughout the year. The fact that we scored a total of 28 runs with a good number of our guys not hitting well bodes well moving forward (also may just say more about Akron and Fordham overall than anything).

Katz/Reinisch better not start too slowly or they're going to be replaced by Cam Nelson, who I thought looked great all weekend.

Also, I think some of it was on the pitching yesterday, but I expected a bit more than what I saw defensively yesterday from Gill. Maybe just early season/getting used to the turf, but he looked lost back there on a couple of pitches that were off. I'll chalk it up to sample size and assume he'll be good moving forward.

I think Reinisch’s spot in the lineup is pretty safe, but agree on Katz, as well as Winnay (depending on what happens with Gill/Ballestero at catcher).

Gill has now had two really bad games behind the plate.

I think with Nelson's speed he would be considered to be in the field, and then, to your point, Gill/Ballestero may get some run at DH.

A lot of different possibilities out there.

Getting Nelson and his cannon in RF would be cool, with Reinisch moving to LF.

Really in the back of my mind I thought we would eventually end up having King play a lot of second and Nelson and/or Williams playing more in CF, but Austin Hawke is proving me wrong early.

One thought I forgot to mention- we are REALLY aggressive on the basepaths, especially Tellier.

I'm not 100% sure how I feel about that. I don't love the idea of running into more outs, but I assume we are not going to hit as many home runs as we did last year, so manufacturing runs may be welcome.

Does anyone know why Jeter Polledo is never mentioned as being in the running for AB’s? Seemed like he had a good fall with several homers.

Back