• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

Walter loves a bad bunt

Next time it happens... check out Tellier stretching before we've got 2 runners in scoring position with 2 outs.

Infield staying in? Pretend to swing for the fences outside of the box.

But, stick with the bunt.

They'll never expect it.

Next time it happens... check out Tellier stretching before we've got 2 runners in scoring position with 2 outs.

Infield staying in? Pretend to swing for the fences outside of the box.

But, stick with the bunt.

They'll never expect it.
I hate the bunt so much

Was looking at the box score for yesterday's game and noticed the reported attendance was 113. I was there and it felt like more people than that. How do they even count attendance when there are no tickets?

For comparison, I looked and UNCG announced a crowd of 632 last week. Definitely was not 6x busier than A&T.

FWIW, WF's Friday opponent, Binghamton won 2 of 3 at UNCG, right after UNCG beat WF. Deacs also play Valpo and Elon this weekend. Then, the softest part of the WF schedule ends as play unbeaten Duke (March 8-10) and at unbeaten UVA (March 15-17) next two weekends.

I was listening to Friday's game in the car and it dropped a million times. I assume it's just the new app being buggy. Hopefully they get it fixed soon.
Wake must have done an upgrade to their app recently. Like many others I have had the same issue. Phone getting hot, using above average battery. I did note someone posted the Varsity app is a good substitute. I downloaded, registered for Wake. Will see if it is an improvement this w/e.

Wake must have done an upgrade to their app recently. Like many others I have had the same issue. Phone getting hot, using above average battery. I did note someone posted the Varsity app is a good substitute. I downloaded, registered for Wake. Will see if it is an improvement this w/e.
Yeah, and the new app stops playing if the phone goes to sleep. I enjoyed the previous iteration much more. You also can't listen and look at the game tracker anymore.

Brewers have a gaping hole at third base. Right now, the projected starter is a prospect, Joey Ortiz, received from the Orioles in the Corbin Burnes trade. Wilken will start the year in the minors, maybe AA, but if he thrives early, not byeond the realm of possibility that Brock could be playing for the Brew Crew at some point in 2024.

Love it. Good decision.
Nice….wasn’t able to go later or likely even watch. Now have something to be on in the background for a Friday afternoon of “work” from home…at least I hope it is still on ESPN+

4 tickets available for free for tomorrow’s 11am start. Plus 4 more for Saturday.
Seats are 2nd row behind home plate. Sec 7.
PM me with cell # and I can send tix.
2 here for today/ Friday…section 6….close down with nice plate view...same as far as PM with cell and will text tickets.. no charge…first in gets them…

Last edited:
This is where the Greensboro minor league team played when I was a kid and it was old then. Nobody is putting any money into renovations here.
Interesting A&T doesn’t play in the new GSO park. WSSU played in the new WS park until ending its program.

Last edited:
Back