• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

barney.gif

also, aren't / weren't we supposed to play valpo tomorrow? not sure if the tweet is wrong or there was a change of schedule.

Last edited:
Probably Valpo will play a DH at Elon, then Binghamton/Valpo will swap on Sunday and Wake may/may not play a makeup game with Elon in the future.

While I was on ESPN looking for our game that doesn't exist anymore I saw that unc and duke play. Guess I'll watch the holes at 11 and switch to duke at 12. Do a little scouting for next weekend...

DH with Binghamton tomorrow at 1pm on the schedule now. Elon still listed for Sunday at 2pm

The analytics staff of the baseball team includes 21 student analysts. While searching for something else, I came across this article on the blogging site, Medium.com, which includes profiles of the student staff:

Student Analytics team

The Wake Forest Baseball Analytics program is excited to announce the members of the 2023–2024 team. Throughout the fall and winter, the Analytics team has been hard at work supporting the Wake Forest Baseball team in all aspects of the game. Our team of twenty-one student analysts has worked tirelessly to develop new systems that enhance our performance evaluation, player development, and advance scouting capabilities.

We are eager to continue providing actionable insights that support the Baseball program.

Presenting the 2023–2024 Wake Forest Baseball Analytics team:

Sydney Bryan

1*kgyZRXa0VBEwZiIi6E2dWw.jpeg

• Undergraduate English and Communication Major, Class of 2024
  • Hometown: Davidson, NC
Sydney is a current senior at Wake Forest University studying English and Communication. This is her third year on the Analytics team, and first as co-director. Throughout her time with the Analytics Team, she has been able to work on Advance Scouting and various other analytics projects. In addition to her work with the Analytics team, Sydney interned in the Fan Experience and Sales department in the Wake Forest Athletic Department for two years and gained immense knowledge about marketing and game-day operations. Sydney cannot wait to cheer on the Deacs this season.

• Fun Fact: Sydney can do the worm!
  • Favorite Baseball Team: Baltimore Orioles
  • Connect with Sydney on LinkedIn here.
Daniel Cammarota

1*CMXKwJ5OKZQ8y6J1nWB7lw.png

• Intended Business Enterprise and Management Major, Politics and International Affairs/Statistics Double Minor, Class of 2026...

The analytics staff of the baseball team includes 21 student analysts. While searching for something else, I came across this article on the blogging site, Medium.com, which includes profiles of the student staff:

Student Analytics team

21 is a wild number, had no idea it was that big. That's got to be a really cool learning experience for all of them. Shoutout Sam, Toren, and Sydney for being the three non math nerds holding down things down.

Well look at the bright side - Binghamton now gets the fun of facing two MLB First Round draft picks this weekend instead of just one!
4 free tickets for Saturday baseball available.

i also have 2 tickets available for all of the games this weekend. Just pm me your cell and tell me which tickets you want.

I have 2 free as well for today and tomorrow. Section 6. PM with cell and first to reply can have them.

nelson playing, kinda surprised in LF but maybe they just don’t wanna mess w reinisch

Great frame from Hartle after putting the first two batters on with no outs

Back