• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

I’m glad there is so much confidence in a team that kicks the ball around the field with horrible fundamentals and seem incapable of turning a routine double play. Outside of Burns the pitching has not been very good but probably made to look worse by our failure to make plays defensively.

On a brighter note…the early concern over hitting has improved. We should have won all 3 games this weekend given the runs we scored.

Pitching was a lot better today if you can believe it. The idea of a bullpen game against this lineup after Tuesday was terrifying.

Yeah, team that has had the pitching staff decimated with injuries struggling with pitching early in the season. Imagine that.

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

I’m glad there is so much confidence in a team that kicks the ball around the field with horrible fundamentals and seem incapable of turning a routine double play. Outside of Burns the pitching has not been very good but probably made to look worse by our failure to make plays defensively.

On a brighter note…the early concern over hitting has improved. We should have won all 3 games this weekend given the runs we scored.
We will get there.

Slipping in the rankings, as you would expect. We’re probably a top 20 program right now. Florida and LSU continuing to stay in the top 10 is baffling to me. Florida is 11-7.

Good problem to have but I thought Nelson had some good stuff on the mound. He’s probably too valuable to use in relief in most games though. Kid is really talented.

Assuming Kurtz’s timeline is to be believed, I like the idea of putting King at 2nd and rolling with Winnay and the freshmen in the outfield. That lineup is really good.
Or try Friday's lineup before Kurtz went down....King at 3rd and Tellier at 2nd. Not sure which is best. But I do know the middle infileld defense now is nowhere close to the level with JJ and Houston last year.

Back