• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

Couldn’t watch live. Is there any way for me to watch a recording of the game? I have YTTV, ESPN+, etc. Thanks in advance.

Updated record vs top 100 teams:

#4 North Carolina: 0-3
#12 Virginia: 1-2
#16 Duke: 1-2
#22 Coastal Carolina: 0-1
#35 Virginia Tech: 3-0
#65 Georgetown: 1-0
#66 UNC Greensboro: 1-1
#67 Illinois: 1-0
#91 Louisville: 2-1

That's 10-10 vs the top #100. 11-0 vs everyone else. Let's keep stacking wins.

Future Opponents:
#22 Coastal Carolina (1)
#37 Boston College (3)
#72 UNC Wilmington (1)
#3 Florida State (3)
#41 Notre Dame (3)
#83 Appalachian State (1)
#39 NC State (3)
#1 Clemson (3)

Another way to split it: 2-8 vs top 25. 19-2 against everyone else.

Good week.

So I’m watching the game with my 5 year old. He was a huge Tommy Hawke fan last year, and now a big fan of Austin. He was asking why Austin isn’t playing, and I explained that he’s struggled hitting and in the field so he needs to work on getting better in practice. This was during the period where Massey wasn’t finding the zone, and he goes “well the catcher and pitcher need to work on getting better in practice too. And so does the umpire because that was a strike”.

our bullpen pitched 11 2/3 innings and VT only scored two runs in those innings, one unearned on a houston error today and one on the bs balk on roland.
This is absolutely ridiculous considering how many issues we've had with the bullpen this year. And according to the announcers this weekend, VT was a top 10 offense nationally. Its almost like getting Roland and Wade back, the guys have flipped a switch. And its awesome.

Back