• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

Pretty wild that we knew we were going to have a championship caliber roster and we couldn't find a reliable defensive catcher who can hit .250
I don’t know how many there were in the portal. There are reasons to suspect Gill and/or Ballestero would be serviceable. They still might be.

Son of Clem lost to USC Upstate at home 9-5 and Dook lost at home to William and Mary 4-2.

South Carolina up 2-1 at UNC in the 8th.

Tag on A&M and UTSA being tied top 9, SIU Edwardsville leading Missou 5-4 Bottom 8, Samford 5 UK 0 Bottom 4, Alabama State being Auburn and probably the largest upset of the night LSU beating McNeese.

I thought Gill was going to be really good because I remember him coming into the game last year against us hitting like .430, and then he hit a bomb off Lowder.

I looked at the stats earlier this year and realized he's a life time .280 hitter with 2(!) career homers. And one was off Rhett haha

I thought Gill was going to be really good because I remember him coming into the game last year against us hitting like .430, and then he hit a bomb off Lowder.

I looked at the stats earlier this year and realized he's a life time .280 hitter with 2(!) career homers. And one was off Rhett haha
If Gill could get up to .280, we would be rollin.

Love opening up the Athletic and the lead story is Nicky Nuke's heater:

View attachment 8908
He mentions Wake's homer-friendly ballpark.

But three of those Nukes were at VT, and most of his nukes would have been nukes in pretty much any ballpark.

As such, I continue to support the proliferation of nuclear bombs.

gill hit .368 last year

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

In college I’m pretty sure the DH can be for any player. Doesn’t have to be for the pitcher. Just sayin’ in case we happen to have any pitchers who can actually make contact while holding a bat.

Who is the last stud catching recruit that we got? Is there a free baseball recruiting site? D1 has the names but no rankings really.

In college I’m pretty sure the DH can be for any player. Doesn’t have to be for the pitcher. Just sayin’ in case we happen to have any pitchers who can actually make contact while holding a bat.
Has to be pitcher. Complicated rule tho. Pitcher can DH for himself and if he comes off the mound can continue batting in place of new pitcher. But DH is only for pitcher.

Who is the last stud catching recruit that we got? Is there a free baseball recruiting site? D1 has the names but no rankings really.
The reason I ask, is because I can't remember. Chris Lanzilli maybe? Also seeing UNC and Louisville start stud freshman catchers had me wondering for a bit.

Back